Respected Contributor

Nearing 500,000 deaths from Coronovirus

I'm sitting hear watching MSNBC talking about how many have lost their lives from this virus. Sorry to vent but it's just a sad situation, never have so many perished. They noted 100,000 deaths in the first months of this virus and my mom was one of those as I have mentioned here before. I have thanked many here for your condolences but so many others here have also lost loved ones and my condolences go to you as well. . We must  stop this monster so my hope is for everyone to follow the guidelines and get the vaccine. My second dose will be this coming Wednesday and I will certainly be there. Please stay safe and realize what we are dealing with. It was so so hard to not be able to see my mom in person as she laid in the hospital bed on a ventilator. I thank the nurses for letting me see her on Facetime but she could not respond and to get that call telling me she was gone was devastating. . .

Respected Contributor

Re: Nearing 500,000 deaths from Coronovirus

My thoughts are with the 500,000 as well as family and friends.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes 

Thank you for posting this - I was crushed when we reached 150.  Seems like a decade ago.  How do Families a Nation heal from such a loss?  

I have lost 5 family members, and yes, as some will be quick to say, 3 of them were senior citizens, as if they didn't count; they were going to die anyway, as are we All.

However, two of them were in their early 50's with no known existing conditions.  One was a Nurse MA who flew air - evacuation with the Air Force and had just cleared his annual (100 push-ups and all) physical with flying colors.

I am sad for you and your Mom, and wish you Peace.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

The nation is dealing with so much pent up grief.  We have been through a war--between science and non-science.  It will take years and years to get over this war.

There are moments I can't even believe it happened.

Honored Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss @Goodie2shoes . I lost a dear friend in the beginning of this virus and there are times that I reach for the phone and remember he isn't with us.

Honored Contributor

And yet people still wonder if they should take the vaccine, many saying they won't. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Preventable mass tragedy. I'm more angry than sad.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My guess is that the death toll is closer to 600,000...if not more.

So many areas/states suppressed the numbers for months, and are still doing it now.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes I am truly sorry about your Mom.

Such a tragic number, each one a tragic loss too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
QVC Customer Care