Super Contributor

Anyone use Supprep for colonoscopy.... Need to take it again and the taste is NASTY.... Tried to mask it with anything - do not want to throw up again. Any suggestions???

Respected Contributor

Call your doctors office and ask for an alternative. There are other products which achieve the same unpleasant results. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

There is a new alternative but I forgot the name. If you have already bought the Suprep, what I do is each time I drink it, I then gargle with ginger ale. The taste of the soda and the carbonation seem to help me. Try it with coke cola or whatever you like. Good like!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

YES!  I used to do the colonoscopy prep with Dulcolax and a bottle of citrate of magnesia.  It's clear and doesn't taste too bad, especially if you drink it cold.  Now, the prep is different and the last time I had to go through it, I decided I would NOT do it again.  Next time, I'll go back to the Dulcolax and a bottle of citrate of magnesia.  (And I won't tell anyone... except all of you!) Smiley Very Happy

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nasty Supprep

[ Edited ]

The nurse told me not to  try to drink it all at once.  Drink 1/4-1/3, RINSE OUT YOUR MOUTH, and get rid of the taste completely.  Wait 5 minute and repeat. 

It seemed to help big time!

Honored Contributor

I had to use that last week for my colonoscopy.  One review I read said to put a splash of ginger ale in it after mixing with water.  The review said that made it bearable.  Unfortunately I read the review right before time to take it and didn't have any ginger ale.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

the last one I had the Dr. gave the option of Mira-Lax mixed with Gatorade and of course Ducolax. You might want to ask the staff. It is not wonderful , but seemed a little easier to down. godd luck

Honored Contributor

I must be weird (i know, I know, I know)!  I have no problem drinking the Supprep.  The taste, such as it is, has never been an issue for me.  Had my most recent procedure last August.

Regular Contributor
Suck on lime or lemon slices between sips of the Supprep. Also lemon drops after helped. I found Suprep prefereble to other options as you only had to drink 16 oz of the preparation at a time compared to 32 oz of most other options
Super Contributor

Mixed mine with gingerale last time and it was awful... This time maybe Gatorade or something.  Just don't want to throw up....Doctor took out 3 polyps and could not get the 4th one at that time - now I have to do it again.... UGH<<<<<<<