Honored Contributor

Re: NSAID pain meds and renal disease

I would not have changed a thing... even if my kidneys go.  My migraines (all my life) disabled my ability to be a capable mom/wife... and without some RX help along the way... I really don't know what I would have done.  Unlike others, I can gratefully concede that the entry into the "no hormone" life helped me so much.  The MD told me that I would appreciate this phase of life because of this, and he was right.

So the headaches are gone, unless there is a total infection of the sinus tissue going on... then...its ice packs for me. Heart

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: NSAID pain meds and renal disease

@adoreqvc wrote:

My Mom had multiple disabilities and had a high resistance to many drugs including Morphine,  Percodan,  Codeine, etc.

She also took Daypro 600 MG once daily as well as Aleve for many years as she had cracked vetebra and spinal stenosis.

I believe all the drugs we take also take a toll on our  internal organs and overall general health and well being, but many are life sustaining so many times we have no choice. Either take them, or pass on.

I always said police your own medical health and research every drug and its consequences as there is good and bad with everything the Drug Companies manufacture.

I read many complaints about Cipro which is a very dangerous antibiotic and Leviquin which is also the same. My Mom was never told what drugs they placed her on and took both antibiodics  when she was in the Hospital, and almost died. Many died on Cipro and Leviquin has its many drawbacks and angers including hallucinations.

Celebrex also has its dangerous characteristics.

All of these need to be controlled and if used used for a very short period of time under medical scrutiny and supervision.

I know my Mom had a really bad time being disabled early in life but she lived until she was in her 80's and I attribute that to her scrutiny and questioning of everything as well as reading and researching everything they prescribed before she filled those scripts.

"Newer does not mean safer or better, and many times even those writing the scripts for their patients truly have no clue as to the harm they can do, and how many have already died taking them according to scripts".

I wish 151949 and everyone the best of luck when trying to find something that is safe, works well and has a proven track record for many years.

"and many times even those writing the scripts for their patients truly have no clue as to the harm they can do"

Why don't Doctors know this,  they should not be prescribing anything unless they are knowledgeable.  I research everything, and everything a doctor says to do, before I do anything for this very reason.  It is really outrageous.  What do they learn in all of those years of study, I wonder.