Esteemed Contributor

Along with the Armour, I take Terry's Tri Iodine 12.5 mg and L Tyrosine 750 mg.  These are a nice, natural compliment to go along with the Armour.  

Perhaps when you tried the Armour, it wasn't a high enough dose.  I began at 15 mg.  I had to work up to a dose that gave me symptom relief. I believe it was 45mg and I took that for a long time.  It has been many years and I now take 75 mgs. daily.  I believe that NP is similar to Armour, which is dessicated thyroid.  Most comventional docs laugh at Armour.  Where I go, they laugh at Synthroid.  Different perspectives.

All the best~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

Who knows and, really who cares.  You need to get to your dr. and have him review your case.  You also need to be tested for diabetes.

In the meantime, call the dr.'s office and see what they recommend.

@KarenQVC 

I just saw my doctor in Feb. I don't need to be tested for diabetes. Just had A1C done if Feb.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Nightowlz I can't help you about the recall, but I would bet anything that you have slipped into hyperthyroid.  If you have lost 17 pounds without changing your diet, your dose is too high right now.  Do you have Hashimotos?  I do and we tend to swap back and forth from hypo to hyper.  Your other symptoms seem to point to hyper.  When I have gone into hyper I had heart palpitations, heartburn, sweating, felt really hot, and my appetite is out of control, but lost weight.  My PA told be that every body system gears into overdrive when you are hyper.  She had me go off my meds for a week or so and sure enough, the symptoms went away and I was able to ease back onto my regular dose.  I take Armour.

I would call my doc and ask for bloodwork.  Good luck.

@tends2dogs 

I was just wondering if anyone else was taking it plus using the recalled medication or not?

I just had labs in Feb. He wanted me to add a little medication. I have been taking less because I don't like being hot which is how I am when he has my TSH at 1. I don't know why they won't let me go by labs but also how I feel? Don't want to go do them now during this virus. If they are off he will keep sending me back til they are where they need to be. I don't like needles so not interested. LOL!!!

I'm just going to keep going by how I feel.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz Good, Good.  But get the rest checked.  You don't know what Walmart did and neither do they, I bet.

Honored Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@Nightowlz : Wow! Well, I care. I get my refills at Walgreens and got my refill done about a week and a half ago. It's just dawning on me that you said yours are sublingual. I take tablets.

But, if you are losing that much weight it doesn't sound right.

Have you googled that recall and have you called the doc to let them know?
it doesn't sound good. Sure wish I could have given you some actual imformation.

Good luck

@Sadiesadie 

Have not called the doctor but called the pharmacist which told me it was not included. I told him the NDC number is the same as the recall but I need to Lot number. He said none of our lot numbers are included in the Recall? I thought they were because the pills are smaller but thicker & have an odor & taste all the other pills I have taken did not have?

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@Nightowlz 

I take NP.  I rec'd the same notice from Wegman's.  Called and told me to come in and exchange my balance.

Then the insurance company refused to cover it and I would have had to pay!  So I just took them home.

Weg Pham said it was such a small lot that was affected and mine wasn't in it.  She said I would notice if my pills were affected in that it is an untentional dosage increase.  She said your heart would be racing and it would be working too fast.  Those seem to be the symptoms you are having!!!!!

She also said it was a very recent recall and wouldn't be my previous scripts that I might have finished.

I haven't noticed a change.  I haven't lost a single pound in over a year on NP.  I have not felt relief really from the symptoms.  Doc said my numbers are good and didn't want to change or increase my dosage.

I have noticed the last two refils had an 'odor/taste' change, kinda yucky taste and smell!  Previously they were kinda fruity.  Did you notice that?

I would def make an appt. with your doc.  You seem to be getting too high of amounts..but I am not a doctor!

I am definitely keeping my upcoming appt.  Just not satisfied with the results.

@RespectLife 

If it's recalled the pharmacy should have to replace them at no cost???

My Insurance will not pay for NP so I pay out of pocket.

I finally did receive the Recall Notice from Walmart. I originally ran across it when my sister asked me to look for a hamburger recall.

Think I will call Wal-Mart & ask for my lot numbers. The lot numer & NDC number should be on the bottle if that's what we need to check for recalls.

I may call NP Thyroid also to ask if the pills I have are included in the Recall or if they are making them different. I still have other pills left so I can clearly see, smell, taste the difference.

I'm just going to cut these newer ones in half. I'm suppost to take 1 1/2 pills per day so I will try taking half the new with whole of the older to see if it works.

Doctor does not know I have extra pills. I was able to do that with all the doctor changes with them leaving town etc.

I have been able to lose weight since I switched to NP. Before that it was so difficult for me. Probably because these newer doctors want to keep my TSH around 1 & my older doctors wanted to keep it around 4-5.

Yes there is an odor taste change. The pills are also smaller around but thicker & the color on these is whiter.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

Yes, the last 2 refills stink and taste bad!

Gee, I'm sorry your insurance won't cover...mine has covered every one I have tried.

My DH took them to Weg for me to exchange.  THEY were the ones that said to do so.

Then when he gets there, it was a big hassle w/ our insurance company....I agree, Weg shoulda just exchanged them like they said so on the phone.  Since I wasn't there, I am only going by what he said.  I don't know why they would even bill the insurance!

When I rec'd the letter and called my Weg, the Pharmacist wasn't even aware a letter went out!  No one knows exactly what is going on it seems.

Since I had no adverse effects, I am just still taking them.  The bottle was almost gone anyways.

I am so upset about the weight gain.  I thought w/ the meds, my strict diet and daily workouts, I would lose a couple at least.  This gut is VERY upsetting to me.  The other symptoms (exhaustion, freezing, dry skin, swelling etc) are also hard to deal with.

As I mentioned, I need to address this or change doctors.