Esteemed Contributor

My sister has lost 6# in 13 days

I'm a week into it.  I'm playing with losing & regaining 3# in a week.  I do that normally. 

Psychology based  IMO  It's not perfect of course but....

I like it a lot. I think it's reasonably priced. 

Hopefully I'll learn and lose & keep off 20ish # permanently

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey  Good luck with it. 

If you want to see what others have written about it, put Noom in the board's search function(top right of board) and you'll find other threads. I remembered someone asking a while back if anyone had tried it. You might be interested in the other replies that are already on the board. 

Honored Contributor

I just lost 64 lbs this past year. I don't pay to lose weight. Its easy! All I did was began walking, That's it! When I started to notice my clothes becoming looser then I started eating low carb. This journey was so easy. And it didn't cost a dime. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

It's great when a person finds a weight loss program that works for them! Some people need structure, some need accountability, and some need both. Good for finding something that works for you! For me, the slim fast program has been great. I am now 2 pounds below my goal and have been maintaining that for months.

Trusted Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I just lost 64 lbs this past year. I don't pay to lose weight. Its easy! All I did was began walking, That's it! When I started to notice my clothes becoming looser then I started eating low carb. This journey was so easy. And it didn't cost a dime. 

@ID2  Congratulations on the weight loss. That's amazing! I wish I could say it's easy for me. I have lost about 30 lbs over the last year or so but it's not easy keeping it off. At least for me. With the stress of losing my mother I've gotten hooked on sweets again . My downfall is sugar. I didn't even gain any weight during the pandemic and I was at home 99% of the time. I eat mostly vegatables and fish, rarely carbs. I am starting my intermittent fasting again. At least I'm back to the gym and trying to make an effort to keep the sweets out of my house but it's hard. 

Honored Contributor

But,what is the psychology?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

Happy for each of us that have lost that excess weight and are working to be healthier.

I too have to battle with weight.  I have lost 40 lbs. and have maintained it for the past several years.  It was not at all easy for me to lose it.  I have always been an avid walker and walk/hike at least 5 times per week.  The walking alone was never enough for me to lose weight.  I had to also control my eating.

I wish each of us much success!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

My sister has lost 6# in 13 days

I'm a week into it.  I'm playing with losing & regaining 3# in a week.  I do that normally. 

Psychology based  IMO  It's not perfect of course but....

I like it a lot. I think it's reasonably priced. 

Hopefully I'll learn and lose & keep off 20ish # permanently

@Mary Bailey   Good for you for starting a program that will help you be healthier (and happier).

I do not use NOOM but I have done some research on it and the program is like any other-it will be what a person puts into it.

While anyone can keep a log with paper and pencil, the graphs and feedback are essential to keeping people on track.

I think NOOM is a good program for those needed that nudge in the right direction.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

But,what is the psychology?

@Group 5 minus 1 

The program is customized for individual use and is based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.  The focus is on patterns of thinking and/or behaviors that are the basis for unhealthy choices.

The focus with a mentor is to recognize why a person has unhealthy behaviors and how to overcome obstacles.

There is more to this than I can submit here but you can research how NOOM employs a variety of professionals to help member overcome patterns in their lives which set them up for weight loss failure.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh