Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL Wild Card Weekend!!!

Next stop: Denver! The Colts O-line played a great game! They protected Luck, and held the Bengals to only about 30 yards and one first down in the second half.

The first half wasn't as well played by Indy: there were too many dropped passes and then Heron's fumble at the end of the second quarter which led to a 57 yard field goal by Cincinnati. But things came together in the end. Luck and Manning in the Divisional round, that should be a good one. If the Colts play next week like they did today, it will make for one competitive game.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 1/4/2015 Shelbelle said:

Ravens did a fab job, neat and clean all the way from start to finish!!!

shel, what a nice game to watch huh? very few mistakes! happy new year neighbor!

You too, great game!!!

Honored Contributor

I've never seen a game where a clear pass interference penalty is called, announced and then picked up and forgotten. That's a tad odd. You'd almost think the league wanted a Cowboy/Packer showdown next week. I'm pretty sure the Lions' fans won't be happy with the officiating towards the end of that game. That was a pretty weird game. Congrats to the Cowboys on getting the win, but they'd better take these same officials to Green Bay with them if they want a chance to beat Aaron Rodgers.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

It was definitely a nail biter game, glad the Cowboys pulled the W and never gave up

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't understand the reversal on the pass interference call. Some claim that the game was fixed. Hardly anyone gave the Lions a chance, but they dominated the Cowboys most of the game. I was really impressed with their defense. I would have liked to see the Lions' defense matched up against the Seahawks.

How did the Cowboys score over 40 points against the Colts two weeks ago? Dallas' defense wasn't that good, and Romo looked out of sync throughout parts of the game.

Anyway, this was an exciting game; the Lions played their hearts out and showed that they belonged in the playoffs. It's too bad that penalties were called in the end.

I would like to see Carolina beat Seattle next week. That would be amazing! Wonder what the odds are against that happening?

Overall, it was a good weekend of football.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

yellowrose,

Congrats on the Cowboys win.

Goooo Packers next week. *running from my friend*

sunshine,

I will be rooting for the Ravens next week. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

gardenman,

I rarely post here, but I do read your take on the games every week. Thank you for your informative posts. I have learned a lot from them.

Thanks,

Donna, NY Giants fan.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Regular Contributor

On 1/4/2015 gardenman said:

I've never seen a game where a clear pass interference penalty is called, announced and then picked up and forgotten. That's a tad odd. You'd almost think the league wanted a Cowboy/Packer showdown next week. I'm pretty sure the Lions' fans won't be happy with the officiating towards the end of that game. That was a pretty weird game. Congrats to the Cowboys on getting the win, but they'd better take these same officials to Green Bay with them if they want a chance to beat Aaron Rodgers.

ITA ... but it was more than a tad odd. It was a blatant move to make sure Dallas advanced and a case of "Who are you going to believe, the refs or your own eyes?" The right call was made, everybody saw it, and then suddenly the flag is picked up and no explanation made for the reversal. Come on. The fix was in. That was the turning point in the game and Detroit should have been given the first down. I feel bad for Detroit, but let's face it. GB will prevail next week. And the worst thing??!! Christ Christie jumping up and down and hugging Jerry Jones .... does he not realize the Giants play in NJ and Dallas is a huge division rival?? Really bad optics, Governor.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah for my colts. Now on to Denver.
Trusted Contributor

It really seems like the Lions can't get a break. Last week against the Packers the refs took away the 2pt conversion which was clearly in. That took any chance from the Lions to stage a comeback win. (I realize that last week the Lions really did not play well and the Packers deserved the win but it would have been nice if the refs had let them lose on their own) Now this week with the flag thrown then picked up -- what gives. I am seriously starting to think that the NFL is rigged.
Honored Contributor

After watching the Lions game yesterday I am firmly convinced that the games are rigged. Plain and simple. Money talks LOUDLY.

"Pure Michigan"