Honored Contributor

And we've got two good games this week. I really want to see a Colts/Packers Super Bowl, but I'm afraid that's not going to happen.

Our first game on Sunday is Green Bay at Seattle. Even with a healthy Aaron Rodgers the Packers would have a challenge beating the Seahawks in Seattle. With a banged up Aaron Rodgers their chances don't look good. I really, really want the Packers to win, but that Seattle defense is pretty nearly unstoppable. If Green Bay can negate the Seattle run game and make Russell Wilson beat them throwing the ball (and not running) then they have a shot. Containing Russell Wilson is a huge problem though. Clay Matthews will have to have the game of his life to win this game. He's got the speed to match up with Wilson, but in the middle linebacker spot he's a bit more limited in his ability to chase Wilson down. I'm picking Seattle to win, possibly easily, but I really want the Packers to win.

Next up Indy goes to New England. I think this is a better game to watch as these two teams match up pretty well. Andrew Luck is relatively healthy and has some decent weapons. Tom Brady makes the best of whatever he has. I expect this to be a bit of a shootout. I expect Coby Fleener for the Colts and Rob Gronkowski of the Patriots to be featured quite a bit. I wouldn't be shocked to see this game come down to the final possession and be decided on a last second field goal. I'm picking the Patriots, but I want the Colts to win.

It should be a good day of football.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: NFL Playoffs Week Three!!!!

Agree, should be a good day of ball. Go Packers, Go Colts.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Goooo Colts and Packers.

But, I think the Pats and Hawks will be in the SB. If that is the case...Goooo Seahawks.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

I really want the Packers to win, but it is not going to be easy. Aaron's calf is definitely going to be a factor in this game.

Esteemed Contributor

I have more confidence than I did before. After seeing how well the Colts have played the past two weeks, I think that they can really beat New England. It needs a good game plan, and no mistakes or penalties by the Colts which give the Patriots a chance. After the trick play Belichick pulled against Baltimore, I think that Pagano and the other coaches will be prepared for anything. It might come down to whoever has the ball last. Would be nice if the game was decided on a winning field goal by Vinatieri. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} I'm not worrying about who they would face in the Superbowl just yet.

I want Green Bay to win, but think that Seattle will take the game. Maybe Seattle will be overconfident and not play as well. Not probable, but it could happen.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Going to be hard for me to watch the GB game knowing how winnable last week was for my boys, (and I am not referring to "that" one play). The disappointment runs deep, but no Woe Is Me. This playoff week 3 thread doesn't include my team, so I'll say

GOOD LUCK PACKERS, GOOD LUCK COLTS.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Go coltssss!!
Honored Contributor

And the Bears have a new coach in John Fox. It'll be interesting to see how that affects Jay Cutler. I'm pretty sure those two spent some time together in Denver.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

GO patriots!!!!!!
Occasional Contributor

Go Seahawks!!