Honored Contributor

Re: NFL News and Notes for July!!!

On 8/1/2014 gardenman said:

There are lots of injuries so far. The Giants will likely have to give up on David Wilson now. Having new neck issues after neck surgery last year is not a good thing. The Eagles have been pretty lucky so far. There have been a few dings, but nothing major.

Hey GARDENMAN--

That was a real blow to the Giants offense losing Wilson......

Redskins have the scrimmage with the Pats coming up next week so practices have picked up a notch ---no serious injuries (crossing my fingers and toes as I type)...Williams sat out due to a kick to the shin, and couple players sat out with sore hamstrings....Hatcher is the main concern and is on the PUP list...he had surgery on his knee in June. They may play it safe and keep him sitting in preseason.

Blitz pickups by RBs is a concern.....

Expecting good things from Jordan Reed IF and the question is can he remain healthy.

Gruden plans to incorporate more running plays by Morris and company and less of the option for Robert....

Even Robert noticed the difference in the way Haslett is playing Kerrigan and Rak....they are attacking more and the defense is more more aggressive...and he's noticed the improvement at safety with the addition of Ryan Clark. Interesting battles between D Hall and De Sean Jackson in practice........One thing that hurt the Redskin defense last season was poor tackling and Gruden said that is a priority that the defense has been working on.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

'Good morning fellow NFL fans!

The day is finally here- preseason game tonight!!! I have waited so long for this, and am so looking forward to football season. Watched the NFL Hall of Fame inductee ceremony last night- so glad to see Andre Reed and Art Monk finally in, and well as Walter Jones of the Seahawks. So many great inductees and well deserved.

Hope everyone's favorite teams are successful this year. I will be watching several teams with interest.

Going for a coffee refill. BBL.

Cindy

Honored Contributor

On 7/16/2014 cindyinfl said:

Good morning! This is my first post on this forum. Both my DH & I are retired and live in Jacksonville, Fl. and are big NFL fans.

Yep, we live in the home of the hapless Jaguars, We are hoping that the team does a little bit better this season, with the signing of QB Bortles. Although he is rookie, the team seems to have high hopes for him this year as backup behind Chad Hennie. In Jacksonville, hope springs eternal for the Jags, so maybe this season they can produce!

I am originally from Dallas, so the Cowboys are in my DNA! My stepfather had season tickets to the cowboys games back in the late 60s, early 70s, so I used to go with him to most of the games. I even remember Dandy Don Meredith, Danny White & Roger Staubach, which were all my favorites. I still follow the Cowboys.

Things have certainly changed with the teams over the years, and IMO, some not for the better. Now it seems to be about big business & money instead of the game itself.

My husband was born in Cleveland, OH, so we will be watching the Browns this year with great interest since the acquisition of Mr. Football. Actually, my favorite team is the gutsy Seattle Seahawks. We also like New Orleans, Tampa Bay, and the Houston Texans. We look forward to preseason, and then the start of regular season. Fall & football season are our favorite time of the year.

I enjoy reading your posts & talking football. Come on August!!!!

Hi Cindy welcome to the NFL forum.

So you are a Seahawks/Cowboy fan....I'm a Redskin fan living in Texas....I don't mind the Texans (except when the Skins play them on Sept 7) ....The Texans don't like the Cowboys any more than the Redskin fans do.{#emotions_dlg.laugh} And I do like that Drew Brees....Wink

Should be an interesting NFL season!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”