Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEED FEEDBACK ON FASTING BEFORE BLOOD DRAW

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm surprised to hear that people schedule their blood draws.  That's strange to me because no one here does that.  You can't schedule.  Whethet it's at the doctors or a hospital lab or a private lab; it's walk-in.  I have my labs drawn at my group practice, I get their around 10 when it's not quite as busy.  Last week I went in for labs on Saturday, I never did that before.  I was in and out in 10 minutes, there was only one other patient.  

@chrystaltree, Ours you can either walk in or schedule.  When I know I have to go at a busy time, like earlier in the morning when everybody has been fasting and wanting those times, having the ability to make an appointment is great.

Respected Contributor

I always get blood drawn at 6 a.m. That works for me.

Trusted Contributor

A blood Draw at 11:30 AM!!! Yikes.  I would never survive.  If I waited that late I would pass out due to low blood sugar.  I always schedule mine prior to 8 (which is still amost 3 hours after I wake up).  I'm surprised any Dr would allow someone to fast that late.

Esteemed Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

A blood Draw at 11:30 AM!!! Yikes.  I would never survive.  If I waited that late I would pass out due to low blood sugar.  I always schedule mine prior to 8 (which is still amost 3 hours after I wake up).  I'm surprised any Dr would allow someone to fast that late.

@mimomof4 

Saw my Cardiologist this morning. My appointment was ar 11:40am. After seeing him, about 12:30pm, I had my blood drawn. Yes, it was a fasting blood draw. When working I use to get them at 4:30pm. 

I don't have a sugar issue, or other medical reason that makes a difference what time my blood is drawn. "Surprised any doctor would allow someone to fast that late"?

I've been to more doctors than many and when it comes to something as simple as a fasting blood draw? They usually leave the appointment time up to me.

When working till 4:00pm, and the office not open before I headed to work. Punching the clock jobs didn't include taking time off to see a doctor, and coming back, or coming in late. Those were counted against you as a "clock irregularity", a write up.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)