Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

MyFintnessPal Highly recommend

I started using this 4-2 (heard about it here, thank you). The database is huge and you can add your own foods. We are always told to keep track of food. I think it is fun. I want to find an app to track my spending, any recommendations.
Honored Contributor

Re: MyFintnessPal Highly recommend

I have lost all but 10 of my 80 pounds lost with MFP. I think it's a terrific resource. I don't do a whole lot with friends, but I love to read posts and I use the calendar and meal planner every single day. I have almost a year logged in with no missed days.
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Violann...that is such an accomplishment! Was it hard at first and how long did it take to get use to your new way of life? I love hearing how people accomplished their weight goals as it provides me with motivation. I love fitness pal also

Honored Contributor

My budget app is iXpenseit. Another good one is YNAB (You Need a Budget), but I have less experience with it.

iXpenseit is simple and lets me track everything, as well as put in recurring expenses. It also does some simple charts and see trends or lets me export the data to Excel and do whatever I want with it.

You Need a Budget has free online classes and support, which might be good if you're just starting with the app and budgeting.

Esteemed Contributor

Love MFP. Wonderful free resource.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

On 4/23/2014 phoenixbrd said:

Congratulations Violann...that is such an accomplishment! Was it hard at first and how long did it take to get use to your new way of life? I love hearing how people accomplished their weight goals as it provides me with motivation. I love fitness pal also {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Hi phoenixbird, and Thank You! I have lost weight several times in the past, but never had an easier start than this time, and I saw truly immediate results. My efforts in this attempt were ONLY for the purpose of health, but I will definitely admit that the dividends are AMAZING! Now, after a year, I know that to feel BEST, I have to stick to business, but if I choose, I can eat larger amounts foods that are right for my body and get away with it. I choose NOT to eat foods that are wrong for me almost all the time. No grain, no dairy except very occasionally some yoghurt or unprocessed milk or cream, no salt, no "white foods" except cauliflower. Simple rules!
Trusted Contributor

Love MFP. It works well with my Fitbit Flex, too.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting! I just signed up!

Regular Contributor

I need some help. I went to the MFP site and wanted to download this app you're recommending but there are tons of apps to choose from. Which is the app you're talking about? Thanks in advance

Honored Contributor

On 4/24/2014 VirgoGirl said:

I need some help. I went to the MFP site and wanted to download this app you're recommending but there are tons of apps to choose from. Which is the app you're talking about? Thanks in advance

The app called MyFitnessPal. The others are all apps that you can use inconjunction with MFP.

They've hidden it under a Mobile link: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile/iphone