Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@goldensrbest  From reading your posts I am sure you do not have a clear understanding of all that diabetes can do to your body. It is so much more than just keeping your blood sugar in range. That is one thing - there is also heart disease, vascular disease, neuropathy, strokes, infections. When I was in nursing school they devoted an entire semester to just the study of this disease and it's devastating effects. You need to see the doctor and you need to attend classes to learn all about diabetes or you'll end up learning the hard way.

Yes ,i do understand.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Is there scientific study that cinnamon is effective for lowering blood sugar or will benefit a diabetic in anyway? As long as these alternative medication options do not hurt you, then why not. No, not every American has great or even the most basic of medical and dental care and we seniors should be ashamed we didn't remedy that situation.IMO

Honored Contributor

Re: My visit to doc

[ Edited ]

@151949,Would it suit you if i were not pleased that my a1c,was normal? Don't need you or any one saying i do not understand.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest

This is great news! I hate having to go to the doctor, so I'm (really) trying to eat mostly Plant Based foods, which I love anyway. My a1c was drifting up. Diabetes and high LDL run in my family, so have to pay attention. I completely forgot and knew that Cinnamon was known to help regulate blood sugar levels. I need to start putting it in my cereal and oatmeal again. I love cinnamon. I don't get the Ceylon, but will research it. Thanks for reminder 👍🏼🙌🏼

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@151949,Would it suit you if i were not pleased that my a1c,was normal? Don't need you or any one saying i do not understand.

You clearly don't understand this very complicated disease . However, I really couldn't care less.You'll learn the hard way, when your having quadruple bypass surgery or going on dialysis afyter your kidneys fail, or some other serious complication.

Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady  Seriously why would they lose their license?    

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@LTT1 @goldensrbest  Both your physician and the pharmacist could loose their licenses to practice without regular check-ups. If you don't think of yourself, please think of them! 

What in the world are you talking about @BirkiLady? Are you being serious?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

You clearly don't understand this very complicated disease . However, I really couldn't care less.You'll learn the hard way, when your having quadruple bypass surgery or going on dialysis afyter your kidneys fail, or some other serious complication.

She DOES understand this disease. Enough to have worked on getting her A1C down to normal. 

Long gone are the scare tactics associated with diabetic care. We can live long lives without perfection. In fact, studies have recently come out the longest living diabetics are those that have slightly above normal A1C's. 

I know the disease inside out after nearly 50 years of dealing with Type 1 diabetes. @goldensrbest Is doing well. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@151949 you're lecturing, but you really don't follow the rules about all that needs to be done yourself.  Isn't being overweight also an issue with diabetics?  If I remember correctly, this is something you are currently dealing with.  I don't remember anyone lecturing you about that.

ETA @goldensrbest I am so sorry about your son.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

What kind of thing is that to say to person?  As I recall from your posts, you're not managing your diabetes so well.