Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest

On the loss of your son

36957AFF-73C0-48D6-B7B2-33D22F3FAE2E.jpeg

Nothing could ever soothe a loss like yours for me.

Please know that I will be sending positive thoughts for you and yours to have peace or a sense of calm.💙💙

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: My visit to doc

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest@SilleeMee

I have that Cinnamon supplement and have not been taking it regularly but will begin to since my sugar lab values look to be creeping up!

How did you get your cholesterol to go down...that is necessary for me and they are telling me exercise won’t lower it enough?

OK I went back and read your OP. I have AL cinnamon on hand, but will check for one on Amazon. Supplements with fillers often upset my stomach...thanks for the tip.

Honored Contributor

Re: My visit to doc

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@goldensrbest@SilleeMee

I have that Cinnamon supplement and have not been taking it regularly but will begin to since my sugar lab values look to be creeping up!

How did you get your cholesterol to go down...that is necessary for me and they are telling me exercise won’t lower it enough?

I think for me it was a combination of things, diet being one of the important ones. But furthermore, I believe being more active was also key to getting my LDL number lowered. I also started taking berberine supps. There's interesting info at the NIH website regarding berberine's ability to lower cholesterol and A1c@LTT1

There are two more than twenty pages that list articles which include the word berberine. Lots of reading but very informative.

Super Contributor

I buy bulk Ceylon cinnamon. Put it in a dollar store shaker.

My guilty pleasure (well, one of them) is International House coffee. I have one each morning, with my cinnamon and some other supplements. I use the pure powder when I can, don't like taking pills. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

Oh thank you!

My doctors have been after me for years about the cholesterol and statins make me feel so icky!

Have started walking every day and am down a couple of pant sizes. YAY🎉 

Honored Contributor

@LTT1,

Wow that's wonderful! Congrats to you on your successful weight loss.Woman Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If interested, i buy green packs ceylon cinnamon on amazon,they also have their onw web site.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest  From reading your posts I am sure you do not have a clear understanding of all that diabetes can do to your body. It is so much more than just keeping your blood sugar in range. That is one thing - there is also heart disease, vascular disease, neuropathy, strokes, infections. When I was in nursing school they devoted an entire semester to just the study of this disease and it's devastating effects. You need to see the doctor and you need to attend classes to learn all about diabetes or you'll end up learning the hard way.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest

Thank you! I am going to look up that brand of Ceylon Cinnamon right now!

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest  So relieved to hear you are checking your numbers. Hope you will continue with regular visits to your physician. He/she does need to run regular labs, check your overall health and keep your records updated.

Thanks for the info about the cinnamon. I do use ground cinnamon (rather than any sugar) in my oatmeal each morning. It's delicious!

Sincere condolences on the untimely death of your son. Memories and love you shared for 27 precious years help guide you through the darkest days. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.