Honored Contributor

I'm sorry @goldensrbest

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest...I hear where you are coming from and I am so very sorry about your son. I don't trust doctors and only go if I absolutely have to. I went 8 yrs. without seeing my PCP. I went to see her for a "Welcome to Medicare" exam when I turned 65. Full exam, blood work, the whole thing. No problems found. I take no meds, just vitamin supplements. I'm sorry you were scolded by some on this thread. Everyone's needs are different. I'm glad the cinnamon works for you. Smiley Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Whether i go to doc ,or not was not my intention of my post, yes i check several times a week on my numbers ,some times a little high ,just wanted to let you know this ceylon cinnamon does work ,take my information ,or not!

Thank you for your thread @goldensrbest. I am going to try it as even though I take insulin,  just the fact it lowered your blood sugar would mean better A1C's for most diabetics. It is always worth a try...

As a side note I am so sorry about the loss of your son Shane. My heart goes out to you.

Honored Contributor
I am sure you weren't expecting the lectures and being chastised for your not seeing your dr very often.....I won't judge....just make sure to take good care of yourself and if that means seeing the dr, I have confidence you will do it
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest

That is so heartbreaking about your son Shane. I am so sorry and hope you will always feel his love and he yours.

Thank you for the good info about ceylon cinnamon-I remember reading about that some time ago.

And I think going to the doctor when you need to is good enough!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

"Why fix it if it ain't broke"?  To those who want to maintain their motor vehicles from costly engine repairs/replacements: Why have oil and  changes if it ain't broke? As one that does this on a regular basis, and has seen the results owners that do not? 

Sometimes it ain't completely broke, sometimes it is. Either way, it is much more expensive to try to fix an internal combustion engine if it is "is broke", that is why I do, what I will call: "Preventive Maintenance"!

Myself, being Asymptomatic(nothing broke), I went ahead and got and Endoscopy anyways! Nothing broke, but had I not discovered I had Barrett's Esophagus until 1-2-3 years later?

To each be their own

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut,

I do my 'maintenance' through diet and exercise. That's how I got off statins and also got my A1C back to normal. I wasn't broken...I just needed a tune-up.Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@goldensrbest

"I rarely go to doctor"!  Why is that, do you not believe in having an Annual Physical Checkup?

John, we put our faith in doctors,and a real good doctor for my son shane, they ended up not doing what theysaid they would do ,putting a screen in his groin,before his left leg was amputated, he suffered a embolus, on life support for 5 days, he was 27.

@goldensrbest

I am very sorry to hear about your son and what happened to him. I will never be able to personally relate to what losing a child does to the parents, but have seen up close with friends, and family member.

I do understand about the procedure I believe you are referring to, because I have had a Greenfield Vena Cava Filter, put into my groin many years ago, because of 2 episodes of Pulmonary Embolism. Fortunately my doctor was able to do so successfully. It is clearly visible on every CAT Scan and MRI I have had performed since it's installation.

I am very sorry you lost your son and at such a young age.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@hckynut,

I do my 'maintenance' through diet and exercise. That's how I got off statins and also got my A1C back to normal. I wasn't broken...I just needed a tune-up.Woman Wink

@SilleeMee

Been my way of life for many, many decades now(your mention of diet and exercise), but my list of serious health issues, happened anyway. 

Glad this helped your numbers with a "tuneup", my body was already in fine tune(speaking of good numbers), but my list started and kept right on going for the best part of 15 years. And that was with applying good maintenance, which certainly is not a 100% guarantee of good health, I just have always liked having better odds.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee@BirkiLady

I have a MEDICARE Advantage plan...don’t know what they would do to me if I didn’t go once per year..it is required. They monitor my blood pressure, CBC, urinalysis...and so far,

everything has been FREE.

Although, well it should be! I paid for “Cadillac” version of insurance for years and rarely used any of it!💗💗💗💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~