Honored Contributor

I rarely go to doctor, it had been a year and half,forced to go today ,because no more refills on medications when he do, i have put on weight, i was affarid that the weight would make my a 1 c  high, i started taking ceylon cinnamon two years ago, tried several brands,in feb. i ordered  from amazon ,ceylon cinnamon take 2 each day, my a1c was normal,i was shocked, i thought he would put me on medication again ,i had taken medaformin,  for years, stopped because it tore my stomach up about two years ago,so guess what the ceylon cinnamon does wotk.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest

"I rarely go to doctor"!  Why is that, do you not believe in having an Annual Physical Checkup?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

To maintain health is it IMPERATIVE that you see the doctor more often  than you do.

Lots of things (like cancer) can lie undiagnosed for months without regular checkups. What you don't do could kill you. Ask any doctor.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My visit to doc

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest  If you were monitoring your blood sugar, you would have a good clue if your A1C was within a normal range or not. Sounds like you aren't monitoring much, which is very dangerous for a diabetic. You should be having regular A1C and complete lab work done by your PCP at the very minimum. Also, if having problems with Metformin, you should talk with your physician rather than stop the meds completely. That's very dangerous. Hope you explained what you have been doing and he has notated all of this in your chart in the event you end up hospitalized. Your records must be current.

ETA: Metformin taken with food helps prevent stomach problems. Many of us have talked about those issues on these forums. There are also meds to help, if necessary. I don't know what they are. Ask you physican if you still have problems. He/she will be able to help you best.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest

Congratulations on the perfect sugar readings!

Even though it is a pain to go, it has always been my suspicion that one reason the doctors make me refill my rx’s Is that they want to monitor/see me!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 @goldensrbest  Both your physician and the pharmacist could loose their licenses to practice without regular check-ups. If you don't think of yourself, please think of them! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't go every year to have my 'wellness check'.  I don't take any Rx drugs and I am basically healthy. I do go every two years and for me that is enough. Unless I feel something needs to be looked at then I try to stay away. I am 62. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

Good work @goldensrbest

Respected Contributor

Not everyone can afford to go more than once a year. The whole world assume everyone had all kinds of cash just lying in their check book. Well I am one that knows first hand what it feel like to be afraid if I can pay all the Doctor Bills that will come in after a more than once a year visit.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@goldensrbest

"I rarely go to doctor"!  Why is that, do you not believe in having an Annual Physical Checkup?

hckynut(john)

John, we put our faith in doctors,and a real good doctor for my son shane, they ended up not doing what theysaid they would do ,putting a screen in his groin,before his left leg was amputated, he suffered a embolus, on life support for 5 days, he was 27.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Whether i go to doc ,or not was not my intention of my post, yes i check several times a week on my numbers ,some times a little high ,just wanted to let you know this ceylon cinnamon does work ,take my information ,or not!