Contributor

My shoulder surgery is scheduled

My left reverse shoulder replacement is scheduled for Nov. 17th. I've gotten all the ok's from the heart doc and my PCP so I'm ready to go. Knowing what I do now, I wish I'd had this done 4 years ago but once this side is done and it works ok, I'll have my right one done too. It'll sure be nice to be able to put my own bras & shirts on again not to speak of being able to reach into my kitchen cabinets. I'm so looking forward to this. Please keep me in your thoughts if you will.

Honored Contributor

Re: My shoulder surgery is scheduled

Good luck to you. I had shoulder surgery for a frozen shoulder a few years ago and it was rough but boy am I glad I did it. It's almost good as new!! Will you have p/t for it? They got me in 2 days later and I worked like a dog at all those exercises. So glad I did. Hope you have someone to help out.

Contributor

Hi you should do just fine I had my right shoulder done on July 30th,and now my left shoulder will be done on Mon,Surgery went good on first shoulder.So much better.Stayed one night in hospital and home the next day.hope the second one will be just as good.Really it was a easy surgery.Good luck you should do just fine,wish you the best.
Esteemed Contributor

Wishing you well and a speedy recovery. My DH is in so much pain with his shoulders, I know he has to have the surgery soon. It's nice to hear from success stories,too. Thanks.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

My Mom had a Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement three years ago. She was 85 at the time. It also was her left shoulder! She had so much pain and was barely able to lift her arm. She had the surgery and recovered well. By 2nd post-op visit she was able to raise her arm above her head -- something that completely shocked the doctor. She did not need physical therapy after surgery. Her only complaint is the scar! Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Respected Contributor

Good luck to you, Gabby. You will be so glad you had the surgery.

Super Contributor

I had this done last year due to fractures. It went well. I was in PT for about 5 months. I am amazed about how much I can do. Good luck to you.

Esteemed Contributor

Gabby,

You will be fine, Az has great Doctors and the dry climate makes for a good, smooth recovery.

No one wants or likes to have to get surgery but when that arm is working again you will be a happy camper.

God Bless!

Honored Contributor

Hey Gabby--I have best friends who live in Sun City too! Would love to move AZ from rainy, grey Washington!!

Valued Contributor

I wish you all the best. I had to have a shoulder fusion because after 8 failed attempts to fix an unstable shoulder my Dr. could do no more. My doctor is chief of shoulder services Harvard University Services at Mass General Hospital. It was a success but it has changed my life. I have very limited use of my arm. It has also caused a slew of neurological problems. I did have the metal removed after 3 years thinking some of the pain would be gone, but no. I am in pain every single day. My body looks odd. Imagine your decollete without a shoulder bone! Yes it is that weird. Don't cry for me though. I am grateful I have not lost a body part to cancer, or the fact that my 89 year old mother is alive and healthy. I would like some positive energy though for this. After years of being on pain killers, I am going into a hospital. I have tried stopping on my on and I get too sick. I am going Wednesday to a place in the Berkshires of Massachusetts. I hope to come home a new woman! I will always have pain and that is a fact. These narcotics are like a noose around my neck. Wish we ll everyone and my heart goes out to all having surgeries. It is very scary!