Honored Contributor

My new Saatva bed

[ Edited ]

I wrote recently about getting a Casper mattress (in a box).  After days of research and comments from posters, I decided on an organic Saatva bed (which wound up being cheaper).  I read too much about all the chemicals and odor problems of the Casper bed, and decided it was not for me.

The Saatva came yesterday and I absolutely love it.  It was $300 cheaper than the Casper, plus far better quality . . . and most of all . . . no chemicals (like formaldehyde, among others).  I also purchased the foundation and the bed frame.  The delivery and setup was free of charge, and these gentlemen took away the old bed frame as well as the mattress even though the bed frame was not supposed to be included in the removal.  The whole thing took about 45 minutes and went extremely smoothly.  I compensated them well because they deserved it.

There is absolutely no odor at all, as it is an organic bed, the foam part taken from rubber trees and other wild plants, no chemicals.  It's also very well made, it is considered a spring bed, but the springs are at the bottom of the foundation and wrapped.  Many other layers to the top mattress and the foundation.  Plus it is a queen instead of a full and I am loving the extra space.

It has a 15-year warranty and 120 days to return it free of charge if it doesn't work out, which I can't see happening.

I would be comfortable recommending this bed to anyone. 

ETA: I changed the term of the warranty to 15 years, not ten.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree  Enjoy many nights of wonderful, restful sleeping! Great post. Not familiar with this new (?), organic brand and will have to read up on it. I don't like chemicals either. Sounds interesting! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I have heard they are pretty good beds. Glad to see your review about them.

If it's made from the Rubber Tree it must be all or part latex? Latex is suppose to sleep cooler than memory foam.

Now you need to purchase some organic bedding to put on your new bed.

Enjoy your new bed.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@LilacTree  Enjoy many nights of wonderful, restful sleeping! Great post. Not familiar with this new (?), organic brand and will have to read up on it. I don't like chemicals either. Sounds interesting! 

@BirkiLady

The entire bed (mattress, foundation and frame) cost $1,600 plus tax.  See my post of just a few minutes ago in this forum.

BirkiLady, the Q has a Casper presentation scheduled for Saturday at 6 PM.  I'm going to watch it just out of curiosity.  I know I am not going to regret buying the Saatva.

I am just wondering if they are going to mention the odor, as that is what most folks don't like about the boxed foam beds.  The Saatva has no chemicals, thus no odor at all.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have heard they are pretty good beds. Glad to see your review about them.

If it's made from the Rubber Tree it must be all or part latex? Latex is suppose to sleep cooler than memory foam.

Now you need to purchase some organic bedding to put on your new bed.

Enjoy your new bed.

@Nightowlz

Yes, latex, but organic.  I was using a full size bed, so now I have to buy all new linens, mattress covers, pillows, etc., but it's worth it.  I am awaiting the arrival of my new Amex card with 0% for 15 months before I buy anything else. 

Thank you, I am enjoying it already!!

Formerly Ford1224
Esteemed Contributor

I hope this new mattress provides you healthy sleep and you will feel better! 

Respected Contributor

Happy sleeping 💤😴

Trusted Contributor

@LilacTree what comfort level did you choose? I really like the idea of the plush soft.

Esteemed Contributor

Last year I was looking to buy a new Mattress and read about Saatva. Unfortunately, there weren't any stores near my house - so I went back to the mattress store where I purchased several other mattresses in the past. I bought a Simmons Beautyrest, Silver, Luxury, Queen. It sleeps cool and I bought it at a great price - as they had the Memorial Day Sale. When buying mattresses in the store, prices are all negotiable - so find out what's the best price they can give you.

Glad u were able to buy a larger mattress and a comfortable one - to boot.

Years ago, I was in the hospital for several days - and I had terrible backaches from their cheap mattress. We think all mattresses are the same - but they're not.

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@LilacTree what comfort level did you choose? I really like the idea of the plush soft.

@pigletsmom

I'm a back sleeper with a very bad back, so I chose the Luxury Firm (middle).  So far I am happy with that.  If I find it is too firm (which so far it's not), I can change it free of charge.

Plush soft sounds wonderful, but I probably need the support.  Time will tell, I have 120 days and nights to be sure.

Formerly Ford1224