Honored Contributor

@Junker2327 wrote:

I am considering this mattress also and I have a bad back and need a firm too but dont want it to be too firm either. I want an adjustable bed. Been looking at Serta Icomfort and beauty rest and Saavta. Would love to hear more input on this subject.

Beckyblu

@Junker2327

All I can say is I slept on it for the second night and I was able to make my breakfast without having to sit down every three minutes.  I didn't even realize that I didn't have my usual back pain until I came back into my bedroom, sat down and turned on my computer to talk to you folks! 

Of course, I'll see how the rest of the day goes.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Just watched the presentation of Casper mattresses on the Q.  Not one mention of the chemicals used or the odor that many reviewers complained about in my research. 

No one calling in mentioned it either.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

This thread from @LilacTree is helping a lot. I'm finishing up some household remodeling and have some money leftover which could go to a new mattress. The Zenhaven brand sounds appealing but I might have to call with one question not mentioned in their specs. I'd like to know the weight of the mattress and if it should be rotated (not flipped) every so often. 

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

This thread from @LilacTree is helping a lot. I'm finishing up some household remodeling and have some money leftover which could go to a new mattress. The Zenhaven brand sounds appealing but I might have to call with one question not mentioned in their specs. I'd like to know the weight of the mattress and if it should be rotated (not flipped) every so often. 

@AuntG

I think @tansy could help you with this.  She has done a lot of research on this mattress.  Hope she sees this.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@AuntG — I am out the door in a few minutes.  I know the mattress is very heavy, so heavy that they will send the movers back to turn it over if you want to try the other side for comfort. There’s an online chat service that I have used a few times.  

Honored Contributor

I love this bed more than any inanimate object I've ever owned!  That includes my cars, my electronics, and my furniture.  I didn't expect my back to be so much better, at least not so quickly.

I am going to write to them and tell them so.  Best purchase I've ever made!!

Formerly Ford1224
Valued Contributor

@LilacTree- glad to hear that your new bed is working out so well for you and that it's helping your back so much. I'm definitely going to keep this brand of bed in the back of my mind when DH and I need a new bed. Thanks for sharing your reviews!

Honored Contributor

@cimeranrose wrote:

@LilacTree- glad to hear that your new bed is working out so well for you and that it's helping your back so much. I'm definitely going to keep this brand of bed in the back of my mind when DH and I need a new bed. Thanks for sharing your reviews!

@cimeranrose

You're welcome!

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor

Posters, I was getting confused when reading here about the Saatva and the Zenhaven mattresses.  I thought maybe they were the same.   I Googled Saatva and read that they are made by the same company.  However, they are different.