Honored Contributor

@persiflage wrote:

My best friend bought one over a year ago, she is very pleased with it.  She says it is still in perfect condition.  She chose the adjustable base.

@persiflage

The adjustable base cost approximately $1,000 more, so I just bought the flat base.  I'm not sure if the adjustable base would work with the foundation, which is pretty solid.  I can look that up tomorrow, not that I would change it now.  This will be my second night with the bed.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

@LilacTree Thanks for the info. I sleep on back and side but I've found that softer is better for my not so great back. I have a memory foam now that I love but it's getting pretty old. The first time I slept in it I loved that it filled in the small of my back right away. I remember on a firmer mattress I could feel the small of my back sort of trying to find the mattress. The Saatva looks really nice.

@pigletsmom

It will be a couple of weeks until the new linens, etc. come.  I plan to buy a thin soft top mattress cover.  I also use a triangular pillow for my GERD/stomach problems, and I'm still using that, so I don't sleep completely flat.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@persiflage wrote:

My best friend bought one over a year ago, she is very pleased with it.  She says it is still in perfect condition.  She chose the adjustable base.

@persiflage

The adjustable base cost approximately $1,000 more, so I just bought the flat base.  I'm not sure if the adjustable base would work with the foundation, which is pretty solid.  I can look that up tomorrow, not that I would change it now.  This will be my second night with the bed.

The adjustable base replaces the base you ordered.  My friend wanted to be able to watch tv in bed and there is that great zero gravity position too!   She knew she wanted adjustable from the beginning.  Enjoy your new bed.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Last year I was looking to buy a new Mattress and read about Saatva. Unfortunately, there weren't any stores near my house - so I went back to the mattress store where I purchased several other mattresses in the past. I bought a Simmons Beautyrest, Silver, Luxury, Queen. It sleeps cool and I bought it at a great price - as they had the Memorial Day Sale. When buying mattresses in the store, prices are all negotiable - so find out what's the best price they can give you.

Glad u were able to buy a larger mattress and a comfortable one - to boot.

Years ago, I was in the hospital for several days - and I had terrible backaches from their cheap mattress. We think all mattresses are the same - but they're not.

@kivah

I can surely empathize with that when I had my kyphoplasty and had to stay in the hospital for a week, and then a rehab for a week.  Horrible beds!!

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree, BB&B and Amazon sell bed risers so you could have the top of the mattress raised to help with GERD.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

If anyone wants an actual ALL latex mattress, check out Saatva’s sister company Zenhaven.  Not inexpensive by any means but much less expensive than most latex mattresses.  They also have another sister company, Loom & Leaf,  that makes a memory foam bed comparable to Tempurpedic.

@LilacTree, I’m glad you like your bed and had a good delivery experience.  

@tansy

I looked into these two also, Tansy . . . just cannot afford them.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@LilacTree, BB&B and Amazon sell bed risers so you could have the top of the mattress raised to help with GERD.  

@tansy

Good to know.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@tansy wrote:

If anyone wants an actual ALL latex mattress, check out Saatva’s sister company Zenhaven.  Not inexpensive by any means but much less expensive than most latex mattresses.  They also have another sister company, Loom & Leaf,  that makes a memory foam bed comparable to Tempurpedic.

@tansy

I looked into these two also, Tansy . . . just cannot afford them.

I realize the other mattresses were beyond your budget, but I wanted to clarify for people that your choice is not a latex mattress. ❤️

Sleep tight, lady!  😴😴😴

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@LilacTree

@tansy

Throwing my 2 bits into the conversation.

My quest for a bed for my really bad back started when my husband sold our out-of-state house with all furniture included in the sale.  Our water bed was part of the final sale.  I'd slept with this bad back on a water bed for years without problems.  So, I get in a loaded car and drive back to California and find that he had purchased me an air bed, like you'd get for your guests (!).  Had to sleep on that puppy for 3 years, before I could purchase a real bed.  When I finally did, made the horrible mistake of buying a Tempurpedic bed.  Long story short:  at one point, had PT 2x/week for 6 weeks.  My PT asked me about my sleeping habits, which included the kind of bed I slept on.  When I told him he said, and I quote, "Don't you know you have no business sleeping on a Tempurpedic bed?  It is considered a very firm bed and is probably causing you a lot of back pain, right?"  A resounding "Yes" was my answer.  Due to the amount paid for that darn bed, I stayed with it for 2 years, then went bed shopping.  Took a while, but finally found a Sweda latex foam bed.  Great bed!  No ordor.  No issues.  The only problem I'm having is that I've now had it for 10 years and I can tell it's going to have to be replaced some time in the next year or so.  But, that aside, I would highly recommend Sweda.

Valued Contributor

I am considering this mattress also and I have a bad back and need a firm too but dont want it to be too firm either. I want an adjustable bed. Been looking at Serta Icomfort and beauty rest and Saavta. Would love to hear more input on this subject.

Beckyblu