Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Last year I was looking to buy a new Mattress and read about Saatva. Unfortunately, there weren't any stores near my house - so I went back to the mattress store where I purchased several other mattresses in the past. I bought a Simmons Beautyrest, Silver, Luxury, Queen. It sleeps cool and I bought it at a great price - as they had the Memorial Day Sale. When buying mattresses in the store, prices are all negotiable - so find out what's the best price they can give you.

Glad u were able to buy a larger mattress and a comfortable one - to boot.

Years ago, I was in the hospital for several days - and I had terrible backaches from their cheap mattress. We think all mattresses are the same - but they're not.

@kivah

Maybe the Saatva wasn't available online last year.  I bought mine online.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Just remember that something can be "natural" but still be toxic.  Many people have a bad reaction to latex.  My parents had a latex mattress many years ago and I always thought it smelled "funny".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

That brand sounded familiar and then I remembered a friend raving about hers. It's a king so $2300 is what I thought she paid. I think you made a good choice @LilacTree.

Trusted Contributor

@LilacTree Thanks for the info. I sleep on back and side but I've found that softer is better for my not so great back. I have a memory foam now that I love but it's getting pretty old. The first time I slept in it I loved that it filled in the small of my back right away. I remember on a firmer mattress I could feel the small of my back sort of trying to find the mattress. The Saatva looks really nice.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree

I also have the Luxury Firm - which is mediuim firm - and it's perfect. Not too firm - and my little lhasa loves it too. I'm sleeping on it over 1 year - and it's still GREAT!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: My new Saatva bed

[ Edited ]

If anyone wants an actual ALL latex mattress, check out Saatva’s sister company Zenhaven.  Not inexpensive by any means but much less expensive than most latex mattresses.  They also have another sister company, Loom & Leaf,  that makes a memory foam bed comparable to Tempurpedic.

@LilacTree, I’m glad you like your bed and had a good delivery experience.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Sataava mattress you bought is a good mattress, @LilacTree, and I am confident you will be happy with it.  I bought one as a guest bed which I mentioned before.  However, it does not list having any latex in it.  Here’s a list of the materials.

25) What are the exact components used in a Saatva Mattress?

Organic Cotton backed with hypoallergenic fibers, plant based Natural Thistle which consists of wood pulp and a polyester bonding agent, Cotton, foams of 30% soy and corn oil coupled with polyurethane and Dacron, recycled steel springs/ coils, eco-friendly visco memory foam, rayon and Kevlar thread.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Just remember that something can be "natural" but still be toxic.  Many people have a bad reaction to latex.  My parents had a latex mattress many years ago and I always thought it smelled "funny".

@Kachina624

There is absolutely no odor at all.  Both my daughters stuck their noses into the top and sides of the mattress and there is no odor. 

You should look up the Saatva mattress, they have a whole page of its "ingredients."

ETA: Or just read Tansy's post above.  Thanks @tansy !!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

My best friend bought one over a year ago, she is very pleased with it.  She says it is still in perfect condition.  She chose the adjustable base.

libby's folly
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

That brand sounded familiar and then I remembered a friend raving about hers. It's a king so $2300 is what I thought she paid. I think you made a good choice @LilacTree.

@AuntG

I bought the top queen mattress for $999, the foundation and frame made up the rest of the cost, plus tax of course.  Thank you so much Auntg.

Formerly Ford1224