Trusted Contributor

Re: My nerves are so on edge

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest 

Take a break from watching TV.   No news or QVC/HSN.

Have one of your favorite "adult beverage" 🍸🍺🥂🍷before you start the day, and one before you go to bed at night.  That usually helps overcome feelings of anxiety, loneliness, and despair.

For me,  alcohol has a calming effect,  and may help you too.  👍

~Life is short. So eat well. You could die tomorrow. ~

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I have  felt like this this past week..... having to stay inside because the air quality is toxic and really bad.  I can not just go for a walk or rake some leaves.... this  staying inside and the pandemic worries are starting to make me feel anxious. I hope here this weekend when the air is suppose to clear up I can start going outside and moving again... feel better.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

After losing my last golden, who was the most precious and loving dog I ever had, it took me a very long time to not shed tears when I thought about her which was all the time. Then as time passed, things got easier but I still cried everyday, not just all day. The sorrow never really goes away but it becomes lighter and then pieces of the sorrow start to be replaced with joyful memories of her...times we spent together happy. That part takes time and for me it was many years before I could even look at her ashes...but I still cry when I see them today...that will never change.

I have lost many dogs, when i moved here ,7 yrs ago ,after my husband died, i was aq reck in every sence, i had 4 dogs then, my husbands lab. and 3 goldens, lab got sick ,  then kooper was 15 ,= some months old ,i knew he lived a long good life, i got through that, but spirit needed me in every way possible, he got me through these years, i loved him with every inch of by being,  i am a reck .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@EatWell wrote:

@goldensrbest 

Take a break from watching TV.   No news or QVC/HSN.

Have one of your favorite "adult beverage" 🍸🍺🥂🍷before you start the day, and one before you go to bed at night.  That usually helps overcome feelings of anxiety, loneliness, and despair.

For me,  alcohol has a calming effect,  and may help you too.  👍

~Life is short. So eat well. You could die tomorrow. ~

@EatWell , alcohol is a depressant. 

Honored Contributor

It isn't the news,  yes i get very tired of all that is going on, i cut it off when i have had enough,it is losing spirit.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

After losing my last golden, who was the most precious and loving dog I ever had, it took me a very long time to not shed tears when I thought about her which was all the time. Then as time passed, things got easier but I still cried everyday, not just all day. The sorrow never really goes away but it becomes lighter and then pieces of the sorrow start to be replaced with joyful memories of her...times we spent together happy. That part takes time and for me it was many years before I could even look at her ashes...but I still cry when I see them today...that will never change.

I get weepy when I think of my best golden friend who I lost several years ago.  I will miss her forever.

@goldensrbest it will get better.  I was inconsolable but time does change the intensity of it.

Honored Contributor

This may not be for everyone who has lost a dear pet. But I use to write little notes to my golden girl and then put them in a box. That was very therapeutic. They were just little things I would  want to say to her if she were still by my side. That box filled up so fast and I had to move them to a bag...LOL! These days I don't do much writing but I do talk to her from time to time and I tell her how much I miss her and that I can't wait until I see her again.Heart 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

Really nothing I can say that others here have so kindly offered in their own stories and suggestions that have helped them. Sending my best thoughts to you and for you,

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Alcohol is never the answer.

Honored Contributor

I have always gotten involved in political discussions, even back when Bush W. was elected.  I understood what the "opposition" was doing and I was in the thick of it.  Never bothered me.  Skip to now.... same thing, I'm in there on twitter (my first mistake) and I understand what's happening but the big difference now is that I'm Diabetic and my numbers keep jumping up even though I'm eating the same things I've always eaten (and when) for the last 15 years that I've been under control!!  I know that stress is a huge component to keeping your numbers under control but I've had to stop the news (almost) and get off Twitter.... numbers made a remarkable comeback and I'm stable again!  Sheesh, huh??

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*