Valued Contributor

I'm sorry for your experience because I relate to the chronic tension headache/migraine. I suffered so much.  I had to go through a few docs to get any relief.  It made me so depressed.  I finally had an MRI of my neck and head and then tried physical therapy.  I didn't want to go to physical therapy, but glad I did.  I was surprised at the relief I got.    They did massage to release the areas of tension in my neck/shoulders and head.  They showed me exercises to do at home to relieve the tension and keep my muscles healthy and aligned.  They also gave me valuable tips to integrate into my everyday life to reduce the tension in my body (one was to make sure my computer and TV is at eye level, not to watch TV while laying down, and that helped a lot)  It was incredibly helpful to me.  Wishing you the best.

Esteemed Contributor

Boy that arthritis and migraines do take it out of you. Can you meet your brother outside somewhere?  I think your soul needs to see him. ❤️❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

What IS it that you're looking for? 

maybe some kind thoughts.......do you have any for her.....

Valued Contributor

Hang in there I am still a fox oxox.  The arthritis pain is hard.  This year I am having such trouble and Dr. aren't too enthused to help.  I am going to try turmeric.  and daughters were dissapointing to me for Thanksgiving and will do it on Sat. but I just ask the Lord to help me be who I am in light of who He is.  It was funny, my Air Force Grandson wanted to know if the girls knew what day Thanksgiving was on.  It brought a smile and I knew the love he sent with it.  Deep breaths, eat treats, maybe a little extra sleep ( which I have trouble with)  and know we understand.  You sound like a caring senseative person, be that to yourself.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox My husband had neck pain he could not control. He struggled until a co-worker insisted he try her chiropractor. I have never used one myself, but after a couple of months of two treatments per week his pain was relieved. I just asked him about the treatments. He said it was the best money he ever spent. I just wanted to put that out there in case you wanted to consider some alternatives.

Regular Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

One thing I've learned by being caregiver of a spouse with Alzheimer's is that the old saw is true. Live life a day at a time. My 99 year old mother has been my guide. I see her now only once a year and haven't celebrated Thanksgiving with her in many years, but we speak often each day. It's the best we can do and I've made peace with the situation. I need a left knee replacement after a lifetime of weight-bearing activities, but I know what the surgery involves and there's no way to do it. It's painful. At least the right knee, replaced a few years ago, feels great.

I'm no Pollyanna. I'm a realist. My dog has terminal cancer, my husband is dying a slow death, and I'm trying to hold it together. My best friend is having serious health and family problems. My daughter was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease. Sometimes it seems that everyone I know is overburdened with problems.

To oxox, don't give up on your health care. In your place, I'd get another opinion. Sometimes, when doctors don't admit that they know what's wrong, they guess and that can be catastrophic. All I can add is that holidays can bring out grief for our losses and what was. Try to enjoy the moments each day when you feel OK. They do come, even when we least expect it.

@Vivian Your post strikes home with me.  And the real truth is that we can't do more than we can do.  We can't think about it, but in reality sometimes we have to cope with situations that have no real answer, sometimes we have to make choices, and sometimes we feel bad about it.  

My heart goes out to all of us facing that.  And my prayers!  

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

What IS it that you're looking for? 

@GenXmuse , I imagine someone to listen, isn't that what we are here for ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox @Have you tried Butalbital?

Regular Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about the situation you find yourself in this holiday season. Constant pain is so stressful and your immunity problems must make it harder to deal with. A suggestion I would make is to try to do some type of video call with  your brother on a phone or online. That would be fun to do while you all are eating dinner. It would perk up his day as well if he lives alone.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   Sorry you have not been feeling good for over a year...that is hard to wrap my head around!

I also suffer from headaches, I wake up in the night with them and sometimes they last all day.  My hygenist mentioned that possibly I am grinding my teeth at night but she saw no evidence of grinding...several months ago I also got a new pillow, I think the angle of my neck was contributing to the pain, and the headaches lessed a bit.

I hope you can get to the bottom of the problem...maybe a new doctor?  I am guessing you have had xrays of your neck?