Honored Contributor
I am not looking for sympathy. I am going to try and explain what is going on.
I have had a headache for over a year, tension and anxiety they tell me.
I have been on a series of meds including Botox shots in my scalp, nothing has helped so far. I am now on a monthly injectable called Ajovy. I also have arthritis whih hurts my legs and feet terribaly
I am tired and sad and due to my immunity issues which compound the headaches, I am a prisioner of my own body.
I am sad and tired and upset that my brother will not be able to join us on Turkey day.
Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: My life these days

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox 

I understand your situation, and respect your choices.

However, even with those circumstances, I would invite my brother, wear a mask, and enjoy the day. I might not be able to fix my body, but I can lift my spirits.  

My life would not be worth living if I felt I had to shut my loved ones out.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTop 

Thank you,

@RedTop wrote:

@I am still oxox 

I understand your situation, and respect your choices.

However, even with those circumstances, I would invite my brother, wear a mask, and enjoy the day. I might not be able to fix my body, but I can lift my spirits.  

My life would not be worth living if I felt I had to shut my loved ones out.   

I have a one bedroom apt, so its difficutl to social distance here and doctors oders no visitors with out massjve preparation whihc I am not up for

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

When a person is having health issues,and just feels terrible, it most certainly really plays on you mentally, i am sorry this is what you are going through, i have no advice,just wanted to let you know, i feel for you.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

What IS it that you're looking for? 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse 

Some semblance of the life I once I had pre Covid

@GenXmuse wrote:

What IS it that you're looking for? 

Esteemed Contributor

One thing I've learned by being caregiver of a spouse with Alzheimer's is that the old saw is true. Live life a day at a time. My 99 year old mother has been my guide. I see her now only once a year and haven't celebrated Thanksgiving with her in many years, but we speak often each day. It's the best we can do and I've made peace with the situation. I need a left knee replacement after a lifetime of weight-bearing activities, but I know what the surgery involves and there's no way to do it. It's painful. At least the right knee, replaced a few years ago, feels great.

I'm no Pollyanna. I'm a realist. My dog has terminal cancer, my husband is dying a slow death, and I'm trying to hold it together. My best friend is having serious health and family problems. My daughter was diagnosed with an auto-immune disease. Sometimes it seems that everyone I know is overburdened with problems.

To oxox, don't give up on your health care. In your place, I'd get another opinion. Sometimes, when doctors don't admit that they know what's wrong, they guess and that can be catastrophic. All I can add is that holidays can bring out grief for our losses and what was. Try to enjoy the moments each day when you feel OK. They do come, even when we least expect it.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:
I am not looking for sympathy. I am going to try and explain what is going on.
I have had a headache for over a year, tension and anxiety they tell me.
I have been on a series of meds including Botox shots in my scalp, nothing has helped so far. I am now on a monthly injectable called Ajovy. I also have arthritis whih hurts my legs and feet terribaly
I am tired and sad and due to my immunity issues which compound the headaches, I am a prisioner of my own body.
I am sad and tired and upset that my brother will not be able to join us on Turkey day.

i know how you feel...chronic pain is awful....i deal with arthritis and a very painful skin issue every day...all day....i feel like when you have 'invisible' pain....it's very hard for people to know your struggle....i know the stress of the holidays makes my pain worse...i have no answers for you....just wanted to let you know you're not alone...hope the new med you're taking helps...you are in my thoughts...take care of yourself...

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  is there something you can think of  be grateful for? Perhaps to focus on a happy or positive thought could give you a new perspective...replacing a sad perception with one of joy. Can be anything....this helps me to come out of a negative thought place when I am down. 

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  I am so sorry that you are going through this.  One thing that I have found as I get older is that once something becomes a problem, another will follow.  My motto, which only works for me, is to keep on going and working through it.  I make myself be unstoppable when it comes to working out.  While I always say that working out is not working for me, I think that in the long run that it is best.  That may not work for you, especially with those headaches.  

My newest thing was the cervical spine surgery, and severe headaches followed due to my blood pressure spiking.  My doctor put me on two gabapentin's a night, which proved to be too much.  However, even just taking one helped and now I rarely have a headache, and none that last very long.  Now, I have bursitis in my IT band from not being able to work out while recovering from spine surgery.  It just seems never-ending.

If really is up to your doctor to find a solution.  I hope that yours works with you so that you can feel better.  A severe headache just makes everything miserable.

My neighbor, who is only 50, has had severe health issues in the past several years.  She finally went to an interpretive practitioner (I think that is what it is) and she feels that she may get answers.  Maybe something like that would work for you.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!