Honored Contributor

Thank you, @dex.  His comfort level is much better.  No more catheters or wearing pads for leaking.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie poor guy he must have hated having to deal with all of that.i am sure he is much happier now.

Valued Contributor

@tansy, sure hope that is the case with me, thanks for the encouragement!

Valued Contributor

@debcakes, I think we have twin knees..mine too still aches, a lot, I am very slow with steps, & can't lose the feeling that I may fall..

I do think my surgical one had made my left one stronger, like you, I hope to have some good months/ years before I need the left one done..have a great summer!

Honored Contributor

@Evie2004,

I had my yearly X-ray last April, which showed everything in my left knee to be exactly as it should be.   Osteoarthritis has been present in my right knee for about 4 years, but had not caused any problems as of that point.  

In July of last year, I overstressed/pulled my right knee while simple wiping down the walls in the shower.   After giving it a good 8 weeks to get better, I made an ortho appt.  The X-ray from April was compared to the current one, and I could see the big difference in the osteoarthritis, so that was my sign to start thinking about my second surgery.   I have chosen to have the procedure now rather than let the pain and discomfort build to an uncomfortable level like the first time.     

I agree with your doctor that you will know when it's time to go for the second surgery.   Best wishes to you for a mobile, and pain free summer!

Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to chime in here since I don't think anyone else mentioned it.  I had a total knee about 5 years ago.  Long, painful recovery.  My left knee grew progressively worse, until finally I knew it was time.  MY ortho suggested a partial knee, since the rest looked ok(i needed the inner done).  Well, I had this done on Feb. 21st, robotically, and went home the same day.  Done on Tuesday of my winter break, back to school on Monday with no problem.  Only needed PT a couple of weeks.  Little pain..I could do everything within a couple of weeks.  Started back on treadmill a few days after.  Difference between the TKR and this was astounding.  If you are a candidate I would highly recommend.  My dr said I could always go back and get a TKR on this knee if problems arose in the future.

Valued Contributor

@RedTop,so glad your outcome was great & best wishes for another recovery soon..I know getting my other one done will be a great "investment" in my physical future, & will probable consider having it done this fall or winter..maybe with 2 new knees, I may be able to keep up with our 3 granddaughters..best of luck to you in the coming weeks!

Honored Contributor

I had both knees done in the mini procedure (makoplasty) in 2012. Now they are hurting some and my GP said it is probably my knee caps as they also get arthritic. If I need another procedure it will have to be a TKR so I would like to avoid that.

Respected Contributor

Re: My good/ bad knee 😊

[ Edited ]

I had my left hip replaced in January 2015, my left knee the next year, and my right knee this past January. I think I'm set for a while.

It's great losing the pain!

Valued Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I had my left hip replaced in January 2015, my left knee the next year, and my right knee this past January. I think I'm set for a while.

It's great losing the pain@insomniac

@insomniac2, you are a brave person, but you are right about the pain..what a blessing when it is relieved! Hopefully your other hip will stay well!