Respected Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

I have definitely slowed down since my surgery.  The

anesthesia affects you differently when you are older.  It has been a year now and I am just beginning to feel normal again.  Surgery is rough when you are a Senior!

@Zhills

Thank you 😘  . I never think of ill effects of anesthesia....I have never had negative reactions. It almost agrees with me. I'm almost 64, knock on wood, no surgery since 2007. I appreciate you sharing your own recovery. Hugs!

i

Respected Contributor

Thank you all !  🙏🙏

Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar  So sorry to hear about your friend!  It is a sign of true friendship that you want to be with her during this struggle to recover.  I agree with John that being upbeat for your friend is utmost.  You can let down at home where she can't see. 

Saying prayers for your friend and you! 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@wagirl

Thank you for your reply. She has no family here, but she has many good friends. Hopefully they will see her in person

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs

Thank you my friend! I know she has difficulty expressing her feelings, always a wall from being hurt long ago. 

Honored Contributor

I have seen this happen to seniors several times after surgery. Some of them fully recover and some do not.  I'm thankful your friend has you to help out.  She will be in my thoughts and prayers.