Respected Contributor

My dear friend who is 73, always been active, travels the world, participates in car show events... you get it-active.

She had a cervical surgery 2.5 months ago and hadn't bo

recovered completely yeti.

I visited last week and I was shocked. She barely walks, appeares to have some kind of short term memory issues,

hunched over much difficulty getting into car and putting a seat belt on.

her Dr says, those nerves need a lot of time to attach themselves . They ordered Brain MRI, normal. My first thought was maybe she had a stroke. 

I will pray for her and I ask if you can do the same for her ? Hugs and thank you 😢😢😢🙏🏻

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar

My best thought to your friend. My best friend during many of my recoveries from lumbar surgeries/heart attacks and on and on? Optimism! Keep your friend full of optimism and desire/patience, and of course you being with her all the way. Maybe not physically, but mentally.

Everyone needs a good friend like you. Best to you also.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar, definitely praying for your friend.  She is lucky to have you.  I had no idea that such a surgery could have such ill effects.  Hoping she is starting to do better and continues to do so.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

My guess would be the effects of her pain medication, as well as post-op recovery issues.   

Honored Contributor

For your dear friend,

Image result for sending prayers to your friend images

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My friend's recovery :(

[ Edited ]

I have definitely slowed down since my surgery.  The

anesthesia affects you differently when you are older.  It has been a year now and I am just beginning to feel normal again.  Surgery is rough when you are a Senior!

Valued Contributor

Prayers on the way for your friend!

Honored Contributor

IMG_5341.JPG

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Mustang Shar

My best thought to your friend. My best friend during many of my recoveries from lumbar surgeries/heart attacks and on and on? Optimism! Keep your friend full of optimism and desire/patience, and of course you being with her all the way. Maybe not physically, but mentally.

Everyone needs a good friend like you. Best to you also.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut

John, 

THANK YOU! I will do that and will offer to pick up a few things from the market. I was just stunned and I should have more encouraging than agreeing, it's going to take much more time to mend. I'm going to send her a Mustang floral arrangement to cheer her spirits...she has a 66 6 cyl. We are car nut friends...she has her classic and her jaguars, I have my stang and BMW. LOL

When I watched her, I saw my mom in her....it scared me, upset me...totally freaked. BUT I covered it up. Mom passed last year. There is no way my friend should be driving, I'm so glad I told her I would like to take her and preferred she just enjoy the ride and we could chat on the way. 

Ok I have renewed my perspective! Love ya John! 

Honored Contributor

Your poor friend!! I am wondering if she is very depressed because of the difficult recovery. I have had several medical issues that have included surgery and was dx with breast cancer 5 years ago-- all of which have kicked my caboose. And I know that I could have very easily slipped into the mode that you are describing. Is she seeing a dr now? Seems to me that she is not thriving. Maybe instead of prayers, she needs to see someone who can jump start something for her. 73 is too young to be so old!! Can you ask her or a family member about it? Being a good friend is doing more than worrying.Maybe she needs some counseling too. The mind can really mess with how your body operates.