Respected Contributor

Will keep Mom in my thoughts and prayers.  Hugs to your friend. 

My Mom is also 99 and in an assisted living facility.  She has been quarantined off and on since March because of COVID.  Waiting for both of us to get vaccinated so I can visit.  I have not seen her since last December.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Respected Contributor

@jbinrwc How terrible that you have not been able to visit your mother.  I hope she is taking Vitamin D3, and a multivitamin, zinc, and quercetin.  The D3 alone can half the risk of death from Covid 19, allegedly.  

Respected Contributor

@catter70 I will pray for your friend's 99 year old mom.  A friend's friend's mom survived Covid at age 70 something, because she was given immediate medical treatment with hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and zinc.  Her recovery was very quick, and she went back to her residential facility.  Early treatment, in states where hydroxychloroquine has been banned for Covid, even if the treatment is only antibiotics (for any secondary bacterial infection) and a corticosteroid (which cuts off inflammation), is key.  

My child's friend and her parents are all sick with Covid, and the father was hospitalized due to double pneumonia for a week.  He was treated with antibiotics and a corticosteroid, and now he is back home again, bouncing around with lots of energy, and doing much better than his wife and daughter, per his wife.  

Trusted Contributor

Praying for her! 

Respected Contributor

Sending thoughts and prayers.  God bless.

Trusted Contributor

Prayers sent

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

tenor.gif