Contributor

MFP and Fitbit sites are linked together. My Fitness Pal allows you to link together with quite a few other sites. I like My Fitness Pal because you have all kinds of options to chose from. Go check it out, it won't hurt (and it's free).

Honored Contributor

I used it and it didn't work for me.

New Contributor
I've used it since February 2014 and I lost over 50 pounds in about 6 months, with no exercising. I could not exercise because I was recovering from rotator cuff surgery at that time. Every morsel of food that I eat gets entered in my app. I am diligent about it and as a result I am more conscious of my food choices and I find I plan my meals better. Last Christmas I was diagnosed with diabetes and I decided to control the disease instead of letting it control me. Today I am off of all my diabetes medication, exercise at least three days a week at the gym and at 60 found the body I used to have 40 years ago. Anyone who knows me knows that I credit My Fitness Pal and an amazing group of diabetes nutrition educators for my results. Well I have to take some credit because I made a commitment to myself and work hard to keep it. Does it work - you bet! Is it easy -NO WAY! It is a lifetime journey for me, but I love the road I am traveling.
Respected Contributor

I used it 2 years ago. lost 135lbs. unfortunately, I was diagnosed with cancer again, and put 60lbs. back on. As of the first, I am back on my way to dropping that weight.

Its a great program, and if you use it diligently it will work for you.

Super Contributor

It's the best thing I've ever used to help me lose weight. And it doesn't cost a thing!

Super Contributor
On 12/31/2014 colliemom3 said:

I used it and it didn't work for me.

Why not?

Regular Contributor
Thanks everyone. It's hard to get started. I have know willpower.
Valued Contributor

I'm going to start using MFP right away. Can anyone recommend a step counter? I don't what a FitBit. I just want an easy way to get to 10,000 steps without counting them LOL.

Edited to add: The "spark activity tracker" is the one I was thinking about getting. My HB is going shopping with me today to see what's out there. I really don't need all the bells and whistles but my HB thinks I should.