Respected Contributor

My entire household will soon be vaccinated

I work in a school district so I got vaccinated through the Dept of Education in late Jan and mid Feb.  Our state opened up vaccines for people over 50 in mid Mar so DH got an appointment and will have his second vaccine next week.  DD just started working in my school district as a kindergarten screener so she was able to get an appointment this week.  Hurray!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My entire household will soon be vaccinated

@ninjawife wrote:

I work in a school district so I got vaccinated through the Dept of Education in late Jan and mid Feb.  Our state opened up vaccines for people over 50 in mid Mar so DH got an appointment and will have his second vaccine next week.  DD just started working in my school district as a kindergarten screener so she was able to get an appointment this week.  Hurray!

@ninjawife 

Congratulations!  Now excuse my ignorance, but what is a kindergarten screener?

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

So nice for all of you.  It can take a while for the peace and ease to kick in.  I am so enjoying getting together with friends who have had their shots.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags 

It is recommded for all the students in my school district who have registered for kindergarten to receive a developmental screening.  Students who score high are offered further testing by a school psychologist for the gifted program and those who score low are offered a developmental evaluation to determine if they need special education.  Not all parents follow through with the screening. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ninjawife wrote:

@shoesnbags 

It is recommded for all the students in my school district who have registered for kindergarten to receive a developmental screening.  Students who score high are offered further testing by a school psychologist for the gifted program and those who score low are offered a developmental evaluation to determine if they need special education.  Not all parents follow through with the screening. 

@ninjawife 
Sounds like a really good program!  Thanks for the explanation.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett