Esteemed Contributor
On 11/29/2014 Tissyanne said: Give Emmy sweet hugs from me!

I will do that, your snacks sound good..dill pickles work for me too, along with cheese cubes!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Valued Contributor

I wanted to thank you, graceandmercy, for posting about Alpha Lipoic Acid. My husband and I have been diabetics for years and are on Lantus and Novolog. I have been experiencing nerve problems in my feet recently. When I read your post I did some research, as I had never heard of this antioxidant--well, I was impressed about what I read!! So much so that I went ahead and ordered a bottle of 600mg pills to give it a try--hubby wants to try it, too. Both of us cannot get our A1C's down past 8--no matter what we do--so trying these pills can't hurt. It would be wonderful if taking ALA helps with the nerve issues, as well as getting both of our blood sugars lower.

Thanks again for this early "Christmas" present!!!

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/29/2014 Gracies Mom said:

I wanted to thank you, graceandmercy, for posting about Alpha Lipoic Acid. My husband and I have been diabetics for years and are on Lantus and Novolog. I have been experiencing nerve problems in my feet recently. When I read your post I did some research, as I had never heard of this antioxidant--well, I was impressed about what I read!! So much so that I went ahead and ordered a bottle of 600mg pills to give it a try--hubby wants to try it, too. Both of us cannot get our A1C's down past 8--no matter what we do--so trying these pills can't hurt. It would be wonderful if taking ALA helps with the nerve issues, as well as getting both of our blood sugars lower.

Thanks again for this early "Christmas" present!!!

Gracie's mom! I am so excited for you! I want you to check out Dr. Bernstein's diet too..I have included a link. He's had diabetes type 1 since 1946! His diet and Lantus has gotten my blood sugars down..the ALA is helping as well. The nerve pain is terrible and I would be so happy if it works for you! I KNOW the combination of these will get those sugars down! Mine were in the 400 range in the beginning and it was scary..I am passing along my research in hope other's will have the same results. It could be several months but knowing the ALA can heal the nerves and not just MASK the pain like some meds. I will be keeping you guys in my prayers and hope to hear updates!!!! Wouldn't this be the BEST Christmas present for all of us???{#emotions_dlg.wub}

http://www.diabetes-solution.net/about.php

-- Mae West
Super Contributor
Good to hear your positive results. I may try the ALA and see what it can do for me. Dr. Bernstein's diet has helped my A1C to 5.8. My doctor is overjoyed but still need to follow low carb. I am t2 on Lantos and humalog. Was allergic to metformin and other pill types so insulin was the only option. Thanks for updating your progress. Morgan sends his regards to Emmy. Sniff sniff lick lick. That's greetings in dogese for non animal folks.
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/29/2014 nagrom said: Good to hear your positive results. I may try the ALA and see what it can do for me. Dr. Bernstein's diet has helped my A1C to 5.8. My doctor is overjoyed but still need to follow low carb. I am t2 on Lantos and humalog. Was allergic to metformin and other pill types so insulin was the only option. Thanks for updating your progress. Morgan sends his regards to Emmy. Sniff sniff lick lick. That's greetings in dogese for non animal folks.

My buddy!! Seems like we're on the same page..metformin made me sick, but the Lantus and Dr. Bernsteins diet works for me too! Your A1C is fabulous...Emmy sends her licks, hugs and love to Morgan too! Try the ALA, its easy to find and it seems to help with energy, mental clarity among other things! I need it all, always fighting fatigue! Love to you, missed hearing from you!{#emotions_dlg.wub} Hope you're enjoying the holiday~

-- Mae West
Super Contributor
Holiday seems quite much this year. Hubby recuperating from TKR surgery October 20th. He's doing well but then something always comes up. My youngest son moved to Maryland this fall and is in the hospital today. He went to the ER with kidney stones yesterday but was admitted into the hospital with kidney infection. He is on IV antibiotics and pain meds. Don't know when he will be discharged but when he is so far away it is harder. Keeping my options open in case I have to fly there to help. When you're a parent it never ends always worried.
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/29/2014 nagrom said: Holiday seems quite much this year. Hubby recuperating from TKR surgery October 20th. He's doing well but then something always comes up. My youngest son moved to Maryland this fall and is in the hospital today. He went to the ER with kidney stones yesterday but was admitted into the hospital with kidney infection. He is on IV antibiotics and pain meds. Don't know when he will be discharged but when he is so far away it is harder. Keeping my options open in case I have to fly there to help. When you're a parent it never ends always worried.

I'm so sorry, I hope they both feel better soon! I'm having problems with all my sons..it never ends is right! They're all past 21 and think they can drink etc..Ugh!

-- Mae West
Super Contributor
I think the sons become humans near age 30. .Before that they are all knowing and at age 30ish you become smart and wise again in their eyes. Hang in there. I am so glad mine are past the young adult phase. No wonder we get grey hair or in my case straight to white. lol
Esteemed Contributor

Nagrom, my hair has been silver for years, I color it so its my natural color..lol. Hopefully I can get better so I can live alone..Emmy and I like our peace!Smile We've earned it!

-- Mae West
Valued Contributor

*graceandmercy* Thank you so much for the link to Dr Bernstein's diet---my hubby and I are very interested!! Will check it out this week. Can't wait to start taking the ALA pills--I think it's great the pills can heal the problem and not mask it. Will mention this to my endocrinologist the next time I see her--hopefully my A1C will be down by then and my nerve pain will have subsided some. My husband also did some research into these pills and he was also impressed.

God bless you for posting about ALA!!!!!

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving--now onto Christmas!!!!