Honored Contributor

Re: My daughter was put on metformin

Good grief 😒

Honored Contributor

I'm so proud of all of my diabetic friends. You have lovely manners ,and don't go into other threads, mocking and insulting others.  People who act like that, cut the ground right from under their own feet.

We know what we must do to protect our health, it's a hard job, but our life depends on it. Keep up the good work

Honored Contributor

@cherrywrote:

I'm so proud of all of my diabetic friends. You have lovely manners ,and don't go into other threads, mocking and insulting others.  People who act like that, cut the ground right from under their own feet.

We know what we must do to protect our health, it's a hard job, but our life depends on it. Keep up the good work

Yes, @cherry. I was stunned this morning to see the invasive, hurtful posts totally removed! 

Esteemed Contributor

From Living with Diabetes:

If you have a family history of type 2 diabetes, it may be difficult to figure out whether your diabetes is due to lifestyle factors or genetic susceptibility. Most likely it is due to both. However, don't lose heart. Studies show that it is possible to delay or prevent type 2 diabetes by exercising and losing weight.

But in Cherry's daughter's case it was caused by another medication.

@cherry- best wishes to your daughter

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It can be due to both , but it doesn't have to be. If you aren't overweight ,and don't eat carbs all day long, it's not lifestyle. Those of us who fit into this category, know ours is genetic

But even those that have made some poor choices ,shouldn't be insulted or mocked for it. People choose bad things all the time., in every area of life

They are doing their best ,most likely, and if they are ,should be encouraged.