Honored Contributor

Re: My amazing dental check up!!

Congrats on oil pulling.  I tried it and couldn't get to 30 seconds.

I bought my Waterpik from Amazon.

I have always used a version of Sensodyn but I switched to the "Deep Clean" version and had the easiest/fastest cleaning of my life.

I use Glide floss as I need a thicker floss and it works best for me (no breaking).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Loving it @meallen616!!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35  I have not heard of the deep clean one.  I will look them up.  I am about out and need to restock.

I just bought my Waterpik from Walmart.  I am not a Prime member so I usually go with them when I want something ASAP.  Unfortunately, no one has it in stock for pickup today.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much for sharing this. I was thinking of the oil pulling. After having my invisalign done, I have larger spaces between my teeth and switched to thicker (but waxed) denotape instead of floss. 

Last time CVS had an online sale, I think I bought at least 4 tubes of whitening toothpaste to try. 

I think I'll try the oil pulling w/ olive oil.  Do you use your mouthwash or brush your teeth before or after the oil pulling? 

Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

I brush my teeth after the oil pull @CinNC.  I love olive oil but I don't like my mouth that greasy.  LOL

Respected Contributor

I always use Listerine in (the water) in my Waterpik.  My periodontist recommended it.

Is it a wise idea to spit the oil in your toilet?  That seems like asking for a clog and a visit from Roto-Rooter

Honored Contributor

I've been using Parodontax toothpaste. Makes my teeth and gums really clean. I'm very impressed with it. 

Respected Contributor

I may be incorrect that Listerine has alchol in it.  i used it a few times, but found my gums were irritated.  My hygenist says I have "beautiful" gums.  I think that this is a result of taking gloucosimine/condrotion over the years.  

Respected Contributor

@tobes wrote:

I may be incorrect that Listerine has alchol in it.  i used it a few times, but found my gums were irritated.  My hygenist says I have "beautiful" gums.  I think that this is a result of taking gloucosimine/condrotion over the years.  

Listerine makes alcohol free mouthwash. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14, not many things better than a good checkup at the dentist.  Congratulations!  Great way to start the new year!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!