Respected Contributor

@viva923 

WOW !   You have endured so much !  May the procedure bring you a wonderful quality of life !

Thank you for bringing hope to those who need it for themselves or their dear ones.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Prayers for a complete recovery !

Honored Contributor

Re: My Surgery is done

[ Edited ]

MomToDogs,

i had to find a doctor that did this type of surgery.

URO-GYN doctor does this type of surg only,that is what my GYN doctor said when my adventure began.  there are only 6 in my state.  That is what I was told, if this is true that I don't know.

My GYN doctor told me about the URO-GYN doctors at our hospital and that i should see one of them for all the leaking I was having. this whole adventure began in June 4,2021. I have a great doctor,he questioned me on what exactly I wanted and fortunately since i was the same health care system as the hospital i was at, my URO-GYN doctor had at his fingertips all the surgeries i have had over the many years, all my meds/all my doctors i have had over the years, so he could see all that on his computer screen.he saw all my lifts and such and all the pills i have been on for my leakage over the years and such. he really questioned me about why i wanted this type of surgery.

I hope your friend can find a good doctor that will listen to her and understand all the problems she is having and needing relief from.

Trusted Contributor

@viva923 ,

To protect your incisions in the shower, search on Amazon for "shower shields".  These are plastic covers with adhesive on all four sides to protect an incision from getting wet.  Easier to use than taping on a plastic bag!  My late husband used these all the time to cover his PICC line (used for chemo).

Good luck with your procedure and hope it gives you relief to live a normal life! 

Honored Contributor

@viva923 

Thank you for sharing. I never heard of a pacemaker for bladder/colon. Glad that your Doctor did.

Hope the pacemaker helps.

I also had an operation in twilight sleep. It was a weird experience. I heard the Doctor and nurses talking during the procedure but it seemed like my brain was disconnected. I remember how thrilled I was when I heard the Doctor say my nose was perfect. 

But as you said you can hear but not speak.

Take it easy and heal. Hopefully you will have the results that you wanted.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 I'm so happy for you that it's going well!  I didn't realize it was for your colon also.  It helps that issue, too?  I thought you only had bladder issues.

It is amazing what they can do now!  Simply amazing.

Trusted Contributor

Prayers for your complete recovery

Jessa
Super Contributor

Glad your surgery went well.  Hope your recovery time will be short.

Just reading your post my blood pressure went up!!!! lol

That's pretty scary hearing everything going on and not being able to

respond at all.  I'm surprised they didn't totally put you under.

Well at least it's all over and now you'lll be feeling so much better.

Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry you have been dealing with this issue for so long! Sounds like you have a very possible fix for it. Prayers you have a complete recovery from the surgery itself and the pacemaker does the trick. Never knew they used pacemakers anywhere but the heart. Good to know! I hope you can get as much rest as possible now.