Trusted Contributor

My Son in Law has colon cancer

My son in law was just diagnosed with stage 2 colon cancer. He is 49 and in otherwise good health. I know little else as I was just told yesterday. He said they'll operate Wednesday and have chemo and is expected to be fine. I am sad and I know my granddaughter will be very upset. I know since they caught it early his prognosis is good but I am very sad. I would like to ask for thoughts and prayers as our families go through this. TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Son in Law has colon cancer

I can imagine how upsetting and frightening this is. Try to concentrate on the positive, and that they found it in such a young man. It sounds like it will be a positive outcome. I will say a prayer for all of you. 

Respected Contributor

Sending thoughts and prayers.  God bless.

Esteemed Contributor

@KCDiva , I am so very sorry.  My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva 

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@KCDiva prayers for peace and strength to your family.  children pick up on our vibes of worry and concern, so please stay optimistic.  Your SIL is fortunate that this was caught early.  My best to your SIL in his recovery.  Stay strong.

Honored Contributor

Wish him all the luck in the world. Used to be to begin colonoscopies at 50, now with so many younger affected, they have changed to 45.  

Esteemed Contributor

@KCDiva  I am sending prayers and positive thoughts to your SIL for a successful operation and full recovery.  DH survived both stage 4 colon cancer as well as liver cancer and made a complete recover, probably at a much older age.  With the right surgeon, you can expect a very positive outcome.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Prayers for you family

Respected Contributor

I say a healing prayer every morning, so I will add your SIL to the list. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family for a complete recovery. Let us know how he's doing when you have time.