Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmhwrote:

@NickNack I'm sorry, but jaw problems is a side effect of Prolia. You should probably not have any more injections until you consult your doctor.

Jaw and bone issues may be a side effect of Prolia use; can be, but not a given assumption. If it was, no one would use it.

@NickNack, chances are if they give you a nighttime appliance for your tooth-grinding and nighttime alignment, that may very well take care of it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@cbritewrote:

Mine began to do that from major stress and abuse....I'd wake up and had lock jaw....was horrid....got much worse since the stress and abuse continued and then started during the day too...broke my teeth off and I swallowed one of them... I feel so bad for you @NickNack - I did not have insurance....and no one to support me or stop the abuse so it is what it is.Please take care @NickNack.

@cbrite  I'm so sorry for what you've gone through.  I read about it in the thread that you started that was deleted.  I do hope things are better for you.  I have insurance but am not sure TMJ is covered.  I have dental insurance and Medicare.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I was able to get in to see my dentist this morning.  He said that I do have TMJ because he could tell when he felt that bone.  That's not the part of my jaw that's stuck though.  He wanted me to see an oral surgeon this afternoon to see if he could reset my jaw.  I told him I hoped I wouldn't need surgery to do that, and he said they tried minimally invasive procedures first.  He thinks he will be able to put it back in place for me.  He said after that I will probably have to wear something at night.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack, I am sending you good wishes for a successful trip to the oral surgeon. I hope you will get your jaw problem resolved quickly. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Tissyannewrote:

@NickNack, I am sending you good wishes for a successful trip to the oral surgeon. I hope you will get your jaw problem resolved quickly. Smiley Happy

Thank you @Tissyanne.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack ohhh geez...at least you will be back together... I guess they relax you before they do that O.O......u r brave @NickNack Smiley Happy

Me, not so much.

They'd have to knock me out with animal tranq....and I don't want to go all alone and I would have to. Smiley Frustrated

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

@cbritewrote:

@NickNack ohhh geez...at least you will be back together... I guess they relax you before they do that O.O......u r brave @NickNack Smiley Happy

Me, not so much.

They'd have to knock me out with animal tranq....and I don't want to go all alone and I would have to. Smiley Frustrated

@cbrite  I'm not sure how relaxed I'll be.  They didn't tell me to bring a driver, so I'll have to drive myself home.  I'm hoping it will be simple but it does sound painful.  I leave for my appt. in an hour.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Oh...it's TODAY?....wow..alrighty then...let us know how it went and I'll be thinking about you @NickNack ...hug your sweet animals for me too. Can I borrow some of your 'brave' @NickNack Smiley Happy

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Trusted Contributor

@NickNack  Good to know what was causing the problem.  Hope all goes well.  

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack I wear a night guard, the dentist fits it to your teeth. I have it so badly that I bite thru the night guard, that's why I'd be interested in Botox. Lots of luck with your problem, I hope you get it worked out. Smiley Happy