Trusted Contributor

Re: My Husband Want To Postpone His Shoulder Surgery

@hckynut wrote:

@wishmoon wrote:

Recovering in the summer seems like a bad idea. I'd want to enjoy the summer weather and time outdoors and save the PT and recovery for poor weather.

@wishmoon 

There are a lot of men like myself that prefer "winter weather and sports". Before I retired I took all 5 weeks of my vacation in December and January.  Since it doesn't appear to be an emergency surgery, I don't get the big deal with @I am still oxox !

hckynut

Ok, ok, you done told me, but I'm Summer and you're Winter! We'll (and I hate anyone saying this, especially myself Smiley Tongue) we'll have to agree to disagree on this one!

Honored Contributor

Re: My Husband Want To Postpone His Shoulder Surgery

Yes his surgery will impact you but he's the one dealing with the pain and recovery.  My DH has had 3 shoulder surgeries - torn bicep, rotator cuff, etc.  Yes the sling is a PITA for that person dealing with it, and PT is no fun.  I would want my DH to be out of pain as quickly as possible, if that means not postponing surgery, that is what I would want; but it should be his decision ultimately.

I think I'd rather get it over with, then fully enjoy retirement without the pain he's suffering now AND the prospect of surgery hanging overhead.  JMO.