Super Contributor

Thank you to all who have recommended the My Fitness Pal app over the years.  I hope to lose 10 pounds - I downloaded it this morning and synced it to my Fitbit and find it super easy to use.

My question is: do you just use the free version? Or is it worth upgrading to premium?

Honored Contributor

@DCAnnie2004  Congratulations....you can get the job done with the free version.  You will be going into the New Year with a new you!

Respected Contributor

I just use the free version.  I looked at the premium version but I didn't need the extra features.  I've lost 12 pounds so far.  I really like it.

Super Contributor

I use the free version and have lost 16 lbs since 6/23.  

Honored Contributor

I use the free version.  I'm a long time Fitbit user and have used their app and their calorie logging feature.    I like MFP so much more.  It's easy and everything I search for, seems to be already in the database. 

I like that it syncs with my Fitbit...If I get in more steps, active minutes, or other exercise during the day, my calorie allowance goes up.  

I'm not sure what the advantage would be to upgrade to their other plan and have to pay?

Honored Contributor

I loved My Fitness Pal, and the program, which at the time was ONLY free. Once they went to the premium program, I found that the pushpushPUSH to upgrade was so much of an annoyance that it was getting in my way.

I also found that if you wanted to be part of the community and weren’t in lockstep with the group, they would really go after you.

I gave up.

Anyway, if you stay in, the freebie should be JUST fine.

Honored Contributor

I had premium for awhile but I didn't think it was worth it. I've been using it for 2 years now. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval