Respected Contributor
Ive had persistent gurgling sounds for years and doctors can't get at the root of the problem..colonoscopy came up normal. Doctor said if there is no pain theres nothing he can do to treat gurgling. Ridiculous!!
Honored Contributor

@Reever,

Well! I have had 2 hernia surgeries, 1 last January 18th. My brother-in-law/his deceased father/his son and his daughter have all had multiple hernia surgeries, and his son is a Medical Doctor. Genetics? Sure can be looked at as a cause. Mine, I think were caused, at least my most recent one, from my hard striding while ice skating. I felt it, and went to my GP right away, then directly to my Surgeon.

Not taking any chances with TWISTED INTESTINES, I have seen my wife go through that pain many times. And if they  get really twisted? They can be the cause of death.

I personally wasn't gonna run that risk and had my surgery in less than 2 weeks. Symptoms or Asymptomatic, makes no difference, a hernia is a hernia. Heck, I was back skating again in 2 weeks, and I was 78 years old when I had the surgery. I'm guessing your nephew is much younger, no? Tell him the risks, with or without symptoms.

Had I not had my 1st Endoscopy many years ago, no symptoms? I would have died years ago of Esophageal Cancer. Not a single symptom, but I had/have Barrett's Esophagus, a precursor to Esophageal Cancer.

hckynut(john) 

hckynut(john)
QVC Customer Care

I had both the endoscopy and colonoscopy done at the same time.  They meds they give allow you to relax and drift off to sleep.  I guess I'm so nosey that I woke up twice while they were doing the colonoscopy portion.  The procedure went well.... just a little gas afterwards due to the air they pump in you to help open you up. (is that oversharing??)  

Respected Contributor
Is anyone else suffering from persistent gurgling noises in the intestine ? Almost like the sound of water running through pipes? I am at my wits end with the doctors. They can't seem to do anything about the problem and don't take the complaint seriously. My GI doctor had the nerve to say I may need an anti depressant. No regard at all for my symptoms.
Honored Contributor

@Reever

Are you saying "only noises"?  If so, I have had the same problem for many years. Noises? Yes. Pain/discomfort, a medical problem? No. But I have had 15 Colonoscopies/5 Double Balloon Enteroscopies/30 Endoscopies/2 hernia surgeries, and appendix removed.

Not sure if it is just the "gurgling" that is bother you, or maybe something else. My body creaks/cracks/pops/gurgles, and a few other things. None however interfere with my living my kind of life. Had my share of serious problems I had to overcome, but "body noises" aren't very high on my list.

"To each be their own".

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor
Hckynut, I never experienced these gurgling noises before. More of a source of embarssment than anuthing. I don't like it. I tried peppermint tea and apple cider vinegar but the only thing that seems to get rid of the noise is when I am doing some kind of physical activity like yard work or driving a car. The gurgling seems to act up when I am alone.
Esteemed Contributor

Had Endo and Colonoscopy last monday.  I had to take a gallon of water with the white powder.  They told a pkg. If lemon to add to mixture and it was no t bad.The worst was after eight full glasses at night and eight in morning, it was almost too much.  

THe two procedures together I do not remember. Everything Ok.  

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition

Glad you had both of these procedures done/don't remember them, and everything came out OK!

Sounds like you had my favorite(?) a gallon of GoLytely. Glad you thought it was "not that bad"!

Thank you for sharing your story, it may get some that think, only the worst, thus bypass both of these possible life saving procedures. Hopefully this changes a few of their minds.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut

@hckynut wrote:

@qvcaddition

Glad you had both of these procedures done/don't remember them, and everything came out OK!

Sounds like you had my favorite(?) a gallon of GoLytely. Glad you thought it was "not that bad"!

Thank you for sharing your story, it may get some that think, only the worst, thus bypass both of these possible life saving procedures. Hopefully this changes a few of their minds.

hckynut(john)

It,s very important.  This is my fourth time and probably last. Because i,m 82, they didn,t want to do it, but I always had polyp s.  and I still have a lot of life in me..  Much to live yet.

You are right about the drink, but mixing the lemonade

in it really helped. My son mixed his with Gatorade and said, not bad.  

Thank you for your comment.   YES IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO  DO.

Respected Contributor
I eat a lot of kale is what my sister says. She has never had a procedure and doesnt get mammograms. At 82 she says these procrdures are useless.