Honored Contributor

My Dentist called me today to schedule my cleaning

I went ahead and scheduled....but still might cancel. They are taking  all the precautions.... but, still I feel nervous about it.  Anyone else feel the same way? 

Honored Contributor

Re: My Dentist called me today to schedule my cleaning

When is it?  I plan on making an appointment for a cleaning in late summer.  I have a mammo scheduled for July and two other necessary medical appointments and labs in late June.  

Respected Contributor

Yes.   My husband had an app't for a cleaning last week, but of course they cancelled it.  He is going to wait for at least another month or two before he reschedules.  

My app't is June 26th and I'm thinking about delaying it for another month.   It's just for a cleaning and I'm not in a big hurry to rush right in.  

We take good care of our teeth and get regular cleanings so I'm not worried that a little longer in between cleanings is going to be detrimental.

Honored Contributor

I got my teeth cleaned last week.  Your car is the waiting room and you call or text them to let you know you are there.  Someone meets you at the front door and takes your temp and asks some questions.  Then they take you in past the hand sanitizer to use. I had not problems and was glad to finally get it done since it was my 3rd reschedule.  And, thankfully, he didn't find any problems. 

Respected Contributor

I feel the same way.  On the one hand I’d like to have my cleaning done but on the other I’m nervous about it. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a cleaning scheduled for 6/15 and just called the office today to make sure the hygienist would be in.  She starts 6/1.  I'm excited.  I love having my teeth cleaned.  They always take the precautions.  I haven't seen their faces unmasked forever...

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

if it makes you feel any better, i heard that going to the dentist, they are more at risk than you are. 

just read it somewhere, don't know how true it is.

Honored Contributor

I had my teeth cleaning this morning, and am very glad that I went. 

After temperature check, I was taken back immediately.

I plan to keep my appointments, and the eye doctor is next in June. 

Esteemed Contributor

I went last week.

All the necessary precautions and something no one else mentioned

but my dentist charged an additional charge to pay for their masks and

gear. Just great.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo wrote:

if it makes you feel any better, i heard that going to the dentist, they are more at risk than you are. 

just read it somewhere, don't know how true it is.

@kittyloo I heard that  the danger is from all the "droplets" in the  air....I wonder if they skip using the ultrasonic cleaner and use the old fashioned scaling method for plaque removal?