Honored Contributor

Multiple types of foods containing peanut butter recalled due too possible Salmonella contamination.

[ Edited ]

See the following post box for second page for important note.

Jack & Olive and Created Fresh!Egg and Cheese Curds snack and power boxesFood & Beverages, Foodborne Illness, Peanut ButterSalmonellaBix Produce Company
05/25/2022Walmart and FudgeamentalsFudgeFood & Beverages, Foodborne Illness, Peanut ButterSalmonellaFudgeamentals
05/25/2022Multiple brand namesFresh cut fruit and vegetable productsFood & BeveragesSalmonellaDel Monte
05/25/2022

No brand name

not part of peanut butter recall

Yellow Flesh PeachesFood & Beverages, Foodborne Illness, Fruit/Fruit ProductListeria monocytogenesBrookshire Grocery Company
05/25/2022

Red Button Vintage Creamery

Canadian Vanilla Ice CreamFood & Beverages, Allergens, Ice Cream/Frozen DairyUndeclared almondsCasper’s Ice Cream
05/24/2022Garden CutApple Wedges and Celery Bites with Peanut ButterFood & Beverages, Foodborne Illness, Peanut ButterSalmonellaGarden Cut, LLC
05/24/2022Mary’s HarvestCelery and Apple Peanut Butter CupsFood & Beverages, Foodborne Illness, Peanut ButterSalmonellaMary’s Harvest Fresh Foods Inc.
05/24/2022Multiple brand namesFresh Cut Fruit Snack Trays and Fruit Snack CupsFood & BeveragesSalmonellaCountry Fresh
05/24/2022Fresh SeasonsPower PacksFood & BeveragesSalmonellaTAHER, INC
05/24/2022Coblentz Chocolate Company
Honored Contributor

Re: Multiple types of foods containing peanut butter due too possible Salmonella contamination.

[ Edited ]

Product Description Product Type Recall Reason Description Company Name Terminated Recall

05/24/2022Multiple brand namesStore-prepared items containing peanut butterFood & Beverages, Foodborne Illness, Peanut ButterSalmonellaAlbertsons Companies 
05/23/2022

Teva

Anagrelide CapsulesDrugsDissolution Test FailureTeva Pharmaceuticals USA 
05/23/2022WilburMultiple Chocolate ProductsFood & Beverages, Foodborne Illness, Peanut ButterSalmonellaCargill 
05/22/2022Blue Moose
Spinach Artichoke Parmesan DipFood & BeveragesUndeclared Tree Nut (Cashew) and Soy AllergensBlue Moose of Boulder LLC 
05/21/2022WawaApple & Peanut Butter DipperFood & BeveragesSalmonellaWawa 
05/20/2022

Correction to previous announcement

New

Jif®

Select Jif® Peanut Butter productsFood & BeveragesPotential Salmonella ContaminationThe J. M. Smucker Co.

Please ignore other recalls that do not refer to Salmonella in this chart when determining your exposure to the expanded peanut butter recall. This chart comes quoted from the FDA for these products related to the initial peanut butter recall.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Multiple types of foods containing peanut butter due too possible Salmonella contamination.

Thank you so much for posting this info. It is very helpful to many.  I was at Kroger today and they had removed every brand of peanut butter from the shelves...there was only a couple of brands of almond butter there. Guess they are being very cautious, or maybe anticipate more brands being effected by the recall. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Multiple types of foods containing peanut butter recalled due too possible Salmonella contaminat

I received an email from Amazon this evening regarding the recall for Coblentz Chocolate Company.  I had purchased boxes of Ritz Peanut Butter Sandwich "last year."  I didn't get sick. whew.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: Multiple types of foods containing peanut butter recalled due too possible Salmonella contaminat

I received an email from Amazon last night regarding a recall on Ritz Peanut Butter crackers which I had bought and had sent to a local charity.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

People are returning JIF peanut butter  to Costco like crazy.  I was in a return line between two customers waiting to give back theirs.

DH eats this Costco JIF all the time (I do not).  We  have one-half a huge jar of this peanut butter left.

The code on the jar definitely indicates that it  is one of the potentially contaminated ones produced in Tennessee.

I guess I'll take our remaining half-jar back to Costco,but feel a little guilty that DH hasn't gotten sick from eating it and we don't have a lot of it  left.  If the store won't give back my money, I guess I'll understand--but who knows whether DH's next spoonful  will send him to the hospital?  Some people have died and some hospitalized, according to news reports.

Valued Contributor

I bought the 2 pack of 46 oz, jars of Jif at BJs Wholesale club.  They sent an email because they saw I bought it.  They specifically said DO NOT return the peanut butter to BJs, but provided a link to a Jif recall site.  Jif had me enter the UPC and Lot numbers and then sent me a confirmation email stating that they would be sending me coupons to replace the peanut butter and it could take up to 6 weeks to arrive.  I am happy they are handling this so well.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac I also rceived the Amazon email.