Regular Contributor

Multi-Vitamin recommendations for over 50 women

I don’t think my Andrew Lessman Vitamins are going to be shipped since I have waited almost a month and I want to start a Multi-Vitamin. What other brand vitamins would you recommend for 50 plus post menopausal women? Thanks!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Multi-Vitamin recommendations for over 50 women

Where did you order them from, ProcapLabs or HSN? I have ordered directly from his company and have had no problem with delivery.  I have also found that it is cheaper to order them directly from his company (even when HSN has a 20% off coupon, his company price is cheaper).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Consumerlab .com is a treasure trove of info on vitamins and supplements.  They test them to make sure they have the amounts that they say they have, that they have no lead, that they dissolve within 30 minutes, etc.  Here is their recent top pick for Women 50+.

Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 3.49.51 PM.png

Regular Contributor

QVC when it was a TSV. Multi with the COQ10.
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the website information. Will definitely check out the consumer labs. I have never tried Andrew Lessman because I always thought his vitamins were so expensive and have never seen any websites that recommend his but since it was a TSV I would give it a try. I didn’t realize it would be on waitlist this long also people were complaining about they smell bad so didn’t know if they were looking into that and they were delayed 🤷🏻‍♀️
Trusted Contributor

His website is definitely a better choice and also, when there is a TSV on either HSN or QVC they match the price (if it's not already lower).  They also give a "multiple discount" meaning if you buy more than one product they discount the price even more.  I have taken his essential one multivitamin for years and have never noticed a "smell" at all.  I highly recommend his Procap Labs. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have always ordered from HSN.  Even when on waitlist I have always gotten them in a couple weeks.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Occasional Contributor

I never cancelled my original order of Nature Code from QVC.  Never gave up on them. Waited patiently and before long  my auto delivery started coming with no problem. So thankful I hung in there. Convenient to get all your vitamins in one pack.                             Back of box says to order Nature Code multipack call 1 800 345-1515 or visit QVC.com   Distributed by:  Celmark International, 10 Henderson Drive, West Caldwell, N.J.07006

Esteemed Contributor

I started taking Centrum 50+ for Women Gummies in February because a friend told me that covid was going to be especially dangerous.  I started just as a precaution, but they taste good and there are no after effects.  Andrew's gave me a serious headache.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

I take a store-brand equivalent for Centrum Silver for adults over 50.

It doesn't contain iron.

I take an additional iron supplement because i've been anemic.