Honored Contributor

Re: Motivators to help lose the excess poundage and keep up what you do to stay healthy?

@gidgetgh  Amazing success!  How did you do this and what was your motivation?

@gidgetgh wrote:

My motivator to keep the weight off that I lost is that I now wear a 10 (and sometimes an 8) and I used to wear a 24/26. 

I love how I look now.  This is how I used to look before I gained all my weight.  No, I'm actually thinner now than before I had my big weight gain.   I have no desire to gain it back.   No desire whatsoever.  Motivation enough. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Motivators to help lose the excess poundage and keep up what you do to stay healthy?

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@gidgetgh  Amazing success!  How did you do this and what was your motivation?

@gidgetgh wrote:

My motivator to keep the weight off that I lost is that I now wear a 10 (and sometimes an 8) and I used to wear a 24/26. 

I love how I look now.  This is how I used to look before I gained all my weight.  No, I'm actually thinner now than before I had my big weight gain.   I have no desire to gain it back.   No desire whatsoever.  Motivation enough. 

@phoenixbrd- I just made better food choices, increased my water intake substantially and started walking.  It took me a long time to lose 113 pounds.  I just took it nice and slow.

My motivation?  I just didn't want to be that heavy anymore.  I didn't used to be that heavy and then I was and it FINALLY actually made me mad.  When I worked, I was known for my work ethic.  I worked really hard and I decided to apply that principle to working on myself.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

Interesing that almost everyone who replied says good health in one form or another is their motivator.  I know it's mine but would be lying if I didn't add vanity to some degree plays a part in motivating me.  I've lost 40 lbs, would like to get rid of another 20 but I have to go all out when I diet, zero "cheating" and right now through the summer I'm just maintaining.  I'll start back to real dieting in September (scary that it's 2 weeks away!)

Walking the dog every day and going to the gym twice weekly early helps significantly.  I also love to do my yard work (and it's work) as well as clean my house - it all counts and it's all very fulfilling too. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh, your success is inspiring.  

Honored Contributor

Saw this on my Twitter feed this morning.  Great success story, amazing guy!

http://www.12news.com/mobile/article/opinion/go-ask-ozzy/he-once-weighed-over-500-lbs-but-after-a-ve...

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Saw this on my Twitter feed this morning.  Great success story, amazing guy!

http://www.12news.com/mobile/article/opinion/go-ask-ozzy/he-once-weighed-over-500-lbs-but-after-a-ve...

I love Milan Ross!  I didn't realize he lost the majority of his weight (170lb) in one year...through the Whole Foods Immersion program (via McDougall).  All the modern day illnesses (HBP, diabetes, obesity)...gone.  Really, there are too many success stories to count, but he's an amazing interview.

IMG_2590.jpg

Honored Contributor

Motivation? NEW Grandchildren. No prescription meds. Improved singing ability. Improved ability to move.

Looking forward to taking a dance class.

Honored Contributor

I forget which comedian it was that said this ....

"I just want to look good naked!"     lol

Respected Contributor

I am with you, I started WW 2 years ago, forced myself to go to meetings because I do not like others to know my weight. So I do it for my health of course, to look better? yes, and that fact that I have to weigh in weekly, keeps me in check. I highly recommend WW. 

Frequent Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I forget which comedian it was that said this ....

"I just want to look good naked!"     lol

Lol @Tinkrbl44!