Honored Contributor

More prescription drug pricing good news

Some of you have gotten your wish about those tv ads. 

The Feds announced today that manufacturers are going to "voluntarily" disclose the price of any medication if it is over $35/month beginning in the Spring.  

Respected Contributor

Re: More prescription drug pricing good news

@Laura14 wrote:

The Feds announced today that manufacturers are going to "voluntarily" disclose the price of any medication if it is over $35/month beginning in the Spring.  

Are there any non-generic drugs that cost under $35 a month? Serious question, not just snark.

I'm on multiple prescription drugs for allergies and asthma and the only ones that are under $35 a month are the generic ones. My asthma inhaler is over $521 a month without insurance. My insurance plan requires I fill any maintenance prescriptions for 3 months at a time or they won't cover the cost at all and 3 months at a time is $175 with my insurance.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14...I suspect that Repatha won't want to disclose what it costs per month. Wink...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alison Wonderland There are but probably not the ones that would command an advertising budget. 😉

Honored Contributor

New migraine prevention injection is over $500 per month!!

Honored Contributor

Ok, it would be easier for me to just ask my pharmacist.  

Valued Contributor

Knowing the price of a drug is not my problem-paying for it is. My injectible drug for RA is $500 per month now: that is positively obscene. This comes out to $125 per shot.

Trusted Contributor

@cotto22 wrote:

Knowing the price of a drug is not my problem-paying for it is. My injectible drug for RA is $500 per month now: that is positively obscene. This comes out to $125 per shot.

We have to pay the salaries of all the actors running on the beach, pruning roses with their perfect hands, etc., in the drug commercials. Cat Mad

Respected Contributor

They need to stop all of the tv ads. Other countries don’t allow big pharma to advertise.