Honored Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'd rather think most people just don't understand much about it.  There are more than one diseases that fall under this category.

I have something called IGG.  I know a few other's who have this.  I periodically have to get infusions that take between 6 to 8 hours.  For me it's usually 8 hours because my blood pressure goes up.

My middle daughter has Crohn's Disease.  She used to suffer terribly with it.  In the past few years she's been doing OK.  She's just learned what sets it off and tries to avoid those things.  However, she's going through a difficult time in her life right now (stress) and that is her enemy.

Anyway, take care and I hope you feel better.

I also have IGG, @Annabellethecat66!  My infusions are every 4 wks and they take me 5 to 6 hrs.  I have to pre medicate and usually wake up the next day with my head over the toilet vomitting even though I pre medicate.  I get so tired on that 4th week each month, and nauseaus for the weekend post IV.. People think I enjoy it, because I get the day off work.

I would much rather be at work than at a doctor's office with a needle in my vein for 6 hrs

Nobody knows what others are going through.

Good thread, @Noel7

God Bless

Hi @redwingsgal

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. I undergo hours of infusions of a form of heavy prednisone, the drug most people hate.  It's like being on a horror roller coaster after that.

I am so sorry your infusion also makes you so very sick.

Honored Contributor

Re: More on Auto Immune

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @SilleeMee

I've gotten cold sores often since I was a kid.  Always with a cold or when Lupus is active.

I keep Abreva on hand.  You apply a little to the area the minute you feel it coming on and then about three times a day.  It helps me a lot.

I have tried everything under the sun lately. Lysine supplement, balms, ointments...I'm afraid it's hopeless. This has never happened before. I have always been able to get it under control. It's weird. @Noel7

The burning and the itching is driving me crazy.Woman Mad

Trusted Contributor

I have such compassion for all you who have these terrible, life altering health situations.  I can not imagine how horrible and scary this is for you and I appreciate @Noel7 starting this thread so those who want to talk about it can do so.  It helps those of us who care, understand just a little bit more. Heart to you all.   

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @SilleeMee

I've gotten cold sores often since I was a kid.  Always with a cold or when Lupus is active.

I keep Abreva on hand.  You apply a little to the area the minute you feel it coming on and then about three times a day.  It helps me a lot.

I have tried everything under the sun lately. Lysine supplement, balms, ointments...I'm afraid it's hopeless. This has never happened before. I have always been able to get it under control. It's weird. @Noel7

The burning and the itching is driving me crazy.Woman Mad

Have you tried Abreva @SilleeMee ?  It might be worth a try.  

I have also read you can help it by freezing the sore with a piece of ice held on it for a couple of minutes a couple of times.  Sounds like an urban myth but it worked for me the one time I tried it.

You might want to google it for additional information.

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

I have such compassion for all you who have these terrible, life altering health situations.  I can not imagine how horrible and scary this is for you and I appreciate @Noel7 starting this thread so those who want to talk about it can do so.  It helps those of us who care, understand just a little bit more. Heart to you all.   

@Teddie

You are such a sweetheart, thank you ♥️

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have tried Abreva @Noel7. It works and it makes the sores go away faster only to have another one come back right away, sometimes in the same spot and sometimes in another spot...non-stop! Absolutely crazy. I hope my doctor can help me. Appointment is not for another two months. By then I will be a raving idiot.Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes, I have tried Abreva @Noel7. It works and it makes the sores go away faster only to have another one come back right away, sometimes in the same spot and sometimes in another spot...non-stop! Absolutely crazy. I hope my doctor can help me. Appointment is not for another two months. By then I will be a raving idiot.Woman Tongue

It's awful.  As I recall, the virus stays in the brain and is triggered.  I'll have to look it up, see if there's anything new on it.

@SilleeMee

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

Triggers for a cold sore:

stress

fatigue

cold weather

excessive sunlight

hormonal changes

dental work

weakened immune system

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Please allow me to lift the raving idiot mantle from you and put it on me by asking you whether you're sure you're not suffering from herpes zoster, or shingles. Again, forgive me if this is a stupid question, but when I saw "burning and itching" along with the regular herpes symptoms, it did occur to me.

So sorry you are dealing with this.

Honored Contributor

Re: More on Auto Immune

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Please allow me to lift the raving idiot mantle from you and put it on me by asking you whether you're sure you're not suffering from herpes zoster, or shingles. Again, forgive me if this is a stupid question, but when I saw "burning and itching" along with the regular herpes symptoms, it did occur to me.

So sorry you are dealing with this.

@noodleann

Cold sores are Herpes Simplex. Mine typically include burning, itching and swelling.