Honored Contributor

More nutritional drinks added to the recall. More Glucernas and others added to last weeks.

[ Edited ]

Many nutritional drinks have been added to my previous post. Some beverages used for tube feedings have also been added. 
https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/lyons-magnus-expands-voluntary-r...

Honored Contributor

Re: More nutritional drinks added to the recall. More Glucernas and others added to last weeks.

@Mindy D    My Premier Protein drinks still aren't on the list.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: More nutritional drinks added to the recall. More Glucernas and others added to last weeks.

@Mindy D   I noticed soy and oat milk on the list.  We drink these daily.... I wonder who is Lyons Magnus?  Do they sell to Costco/Sam's club which is where we buy these.  I think I'll call both stores to confirm there is no recall on these products.  Appreciate your efforts.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd   They sell to the brands that are listed in the left-hand column.  They sell to retailers who put their own names into products.  I've never heard of most of those brands.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   I checked and it just said Lyons.  I usually would not make much of it, but I've been finding chunks (looks like a cottage cheese) in the oat milk.  I've thrown out a couple of boxes.  There is a phone number at the top of the information that I will call tomorrow just to be safe.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd   I've found some of that in my Premier drinks when they start to get old.  I wondered if they were stored under conditions that were too hot?  I usually find it as I'm finishing the drink and have had no ill effects.  I just throw out what's left.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   That was my thought too.  It's probably what happened, just being safe.  

Super Contributor

Premier Protein..... 30 g protein is on the list...almost last..and the ...last picture on list..

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mindy D    My Premier Protein drinks still aren't on the list.

@Kachina624   @Mindy D 

I got the email from Premier Protein about the recall:

Voluntary Recall of Limited Lots of Premier Protein Shake Cartons

The health and safety of our consumers is our number one priority. This email is to inform email subscribers that a voluntary recall has been issued on limited lot codes of Premier Protein 11oz carton shakes. Only Premier 11oz shakes produced in carton form with “BT” in the lot code are affected. The lot code can be found on the top of a carton or the side of a case (carton shown here).

This action is being conducted after one of the company’s processing partners, Lyons Magnus LLC, identified product that did not meet commercial sterility requirements, and identified the potential for spoilage and microbial infection including the potential presence of Cronobacter sakazakii. The potential contamination is limited to shakes produced by Lyons Magnus at their Beloit, Wisconsin facility between April 1, 2022, and July 15, 2022.

No illnesses have been reported or associated with the Premier shakes to date. Only select Premier Protein 11oz carton shakes are affected by this recall. No Premier Protein bottles or powders are affected, and no products outside the US are affected. See specific lot codes here.

Please see our recall information page on our website for further information. The page provides guidance on how to identify affected cartons and steps you can take for reimbursement should you have an impacted product. 

We’re doing everything we can to correct this situation as quickly and safely as possible, and we are committed to providing our consumers with accurate, up-to-date information. We recognize and appreciate your trust, and we remain committed to the highest quality and safety standards. 

Questions and requests for reimbursement can be directed to our designated consumer line at 888-497-7646 from 9am to 5:30pm Eastern time.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   @Mindy D    I've got two cases of Cafe Latte Premier drinks currently and they were both manufactured July 17th.  Since I've had one a day for several months, I'm sure I drank some of the affected batches before but never had any ill effects.  I've felt better since I started drinking this extra protein.