Honored Contributor

I'm just home from the eye doctor. He , of course, asked if I was having any issues. I told him I have dry eyes and watery eyes - he said yes , that is how it works. Obe duct is blocked and the other goes OT. He also said that I need a radically new glasses Rx and that I am stressing my eyes and that is adding to the irritation of the dry eye because it causes the eye to be inflammed. He ordered my new glasses and told me to try not to stress my eyes and to use my Systane gtts. at least 4 times a day.

Regular Contributor

Hi!

I am sorry you are suffering from Dry Eye.

If you are open to holistic remedies, I can share what I have used for my mom, as well as for my shih tzu. Smiley Happy

If you are interested, post back to me. Do you know if yours was caused by an AutoImmune issue? Or was it from eye infections? Or from an eye trauma?

Valued Contributor

I have dry eye and cornea problems.  Using a humidifier in the bedroom and in the room I spend most time in during the day helps so much.  I keep a portable one in the car and take it when I visit others.  

I use Optive Advanced drops 5-10 times per day.  They are preservative free so they won't irritate my eyes with repeated use.

Honored Contributor

Re: More about dry eyes

[ Edited ]

I was using my systane just once a day but the doctor said at least 4 times a day so I will need to get myself on an eye drop schedule. Probably 8AM ,noon ,4 PM and 8 PM will be good. I asked what caused this - he said they don't really know but electronics - allergies - aging and air conditioning - wind blowing dust into the eyes and the sun all contribute.

Honored Contributor

I use Refresh Optive Triple Action w/o preservatives.

I like it much better than Systane.  I am alergic to the preservatives in Systane, so if I used it too much it made my eyes worse.

I hardly use any Refresh.  Twice a day and sometimes mid-day.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have Blepharitis..my eyes are sore, red and bloodshot.  In order to keep things in check I use an eye scrub, it is not a scrub but a liquid in a spray bottle, that I use on my eyes 2x a day.  I guess the lower lid rim is clogged which causes the irritation.  I have had it for years and  all I can do is maintain, there is no 'cure'.   I am glad I have good eyesight so I try not to complain but sometimes I just look sick because my eyes look bad.

Honored Contributor

I use Ocusoft lid scrub.  They gave it to me after I had a bad allergic reaction to preservatives in eye drops.

I should ask if I should continue to use it.  I don't know if I still need it, but I love it as an eye makeup remover.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Occasional Contributor

I am right there with you.  Doctor just prescribed me Doxycycline because he feels if we can clear up the skin, it will likely clear up my eyes.  I thought what the heck - have nothing to lose.  Blepharitis, Rosacea, dry eyes....what a mess!  I remind myself it could be much worse and that it's not terminal.  Smiley Happy