Regular Contributor

@ScrapHappy  I appreciate your suggestion and will investigate the nose only mask. Using this forum has been helpful. I read the forum daily and enjoy ideas and products being shared among those who participate. 

Regular Contributor

Re: More CPAP questions

[ Edited ]

@ScrapHappy  Didn't know Fisher and Paykel was in the CPAP mask industry. I am only familiar with the company as vendors of ovens and other kitchen appliances sponsoring episodes of America's Test Kitchen.

Valued Contributor

My hubby has had the machine for years . He started with a mask , changed to the nasal pillows because the mask was restrictive , used the nasal one for a lot of years , but developed a sore area where it hit his nose and switched back to a mask . he found the newer masks were bigger and softer than when he first started using C-Pap.

Respected Contributor

@Hilery wrote:

@ScrapHappy  I appreciate your suggestion and will investigate the nose only mask. Using this forum has been helpful. I read the forum daily and enjoy ideas and products being shared among those who participate. 

You're welcome!  When I first got my CPAP machine, the medical supply store gave me the nostril thing.  It never was a fit for me.  It was the medical supply store that recommened the petite Paykel & Fisher mask.  I've been using that brand and that type of mask for nearly 15 years.  I've heard ResMed makes some good ones too.  I purchase my masks on line.  Just recently with the CPAP store.  Mask is fine, etc. but their shipping and the way it was shipped could of been better.  I find prices on line much, much more reasonable than if you went to a local medical supply store (even with insurance).