Esteemed Contributor

Re: Moderna vaccine, like Pfizer's, is also effective for at least six months

@Lali1 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

Will we be able to get to herd immunity without the anti-vaxers?

Nope, at least not entirely. They'll continue to spread covid and people will die or suffer longterm affects. IMO, they are too selfish to care that their decision affects others. 

Your post is incredibly rude. I stay home for the most part. I wear my mask. I am not selfish to want to be sure about the side effects of the vaccine before I jump in and get one. If you want to be hateful fine but that's how your post comes across. My body my choice and I'm hurting no one since I mostly stay home. 

What people fail to acknowledge is that those who have had Covid have antibodies the same as those that have received the vaccine.  Cleveland Clinic studies are showing these antibodies are lasting 5 plus months.  At one point it was estimated that actual cases were 10 times higher than reported, which is a large portion of the population with natural immunity.  The fear campaign has done an amazing job of controlling a portion of the population.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

Will we be able to get to herd immunity without the anti-vaxers?

Nope, at least not entirely. They'll continue to spread covid and people will die or suffer longterm affects. IMO, they are too selfish to care that their decision affects others. 

Your post is incredibly rude. I stay home for the most part. I wear my mask. I am not selfish to want to be sure about the side effects of the vaccine before I jump in and get one. If you want to be hateful fine but that's how your post comes across. My body my choice and I'm hurting no one since I mostly stay home. 

What people fail to acknowledge is that those who have had Covid have antibodies the same as those that have received the vaccine.  Cleveland Clinic studies are showing these antibodies are lasting 5 plus months.  At one point it was estimated that actual cases were 10 times higher than reported, which is a large portion of the population with natural immunity.  The fear campaign has done an amazing job of controlling a portion of the population.

I'm not taking a vaccine when there really is no one saying if I do how long it would last or even that it would prevent me from getting the virus. 

Honored Contributor

I just got my first shot of the Moderna this week.  Hopefully, as time goes by, they will find out the actual longevity.

I used to get pneumonia every year - yes, literally every freaking year.   A little over 30 years ago I was at a doctor's office and he recommended I get this pneumonia vaccine so, right then and there, we did that.  I had never even heard of it before that day.

I have not gotten pneumonia even one single time since then - over 30 years!  Hoping I get some good traction out of this one too, when I'm finished with my second innoculation  next month.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Sounds like Moderna and Pfizer are set for life it they say there will be a need for boosters every six months or so...that is what a report I saw on the news today. If you subtract the two weeks after each shot before the full effect of each one peaks, you are down to five months. Disappointed in the way they are presenting this and they need to clarify. My confidence in the whole thing is waning.

That isn't what they are saying.  The vaccine is only 6 months old.  They can't project effectiveness longer than that.  Right now 6 months is the minimum length for protection.