Honored Contributor

I grew up on powdered milk and that's all I use (we call it the "blue stuff"). Can't do yogurt or cheese as it hurts my stomach. Can't do almond or soy due to health issues. Won't do coconut due to health issues. So, it's either the powdered stuff or nothing... I'll take the powdered stuff.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I grew up on powdered milk and that's all I use (we call it the "blue stuff"). Can't do yogurt or cheese as it hurts my stomach. Can't do almond or soy due to health issues. Won't do coconut due to health issues. So, it's either the powdered stuff or nothing... I'll take the powdered stuff.

I raised my four girls on powdered milk.  I was a SWM and couldn't afford regular milk.  They never complained.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

My symptoms have lessened and this is a diet I think I can live with.  I do miss ice cream and most likely will try to find a good substitute for that next time I shop.

Thank you everyone for your interest and suggestions.  I very much appreciate it.

@LilacTree

Very happy you are getting better.  

Amazing how quickly your body wants to heal when

the wrong foods are eliminated & replaced with healing plants.

(ps..I saw the salmon. Might not be the best choice for inflammation, but even with your other dietary choices, you're moving in the right direction)

Congratulations!

Thank you so much Sidsmom!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

From what my Diabetes classmate told me, fiber is virtually banned-which means no fresh vegetables, etc....it is an absolutely horrendous diet-and there is no getting better...I was thinking about it this morning....the nerves that innervate peristaltis-the concentric squeezing of the intestines that moves waste-is damaged. Unfortunately for me, this could be in my future, so I pay attention to things like this...I am hoping that some sort of stimulator is in development, but when you are dealing with smooth muscle and the autonomic system...well, that may be a long shot.....

Poodlepet2

I just came back to this thread and hadn't read this post.  This is entirely true.  Gastroparesis means paralysis of the stomach and intestines.  TOTAL paralysis can be fatal.  I think it's a slow moving disease which at my age (78) is a good thing.  I will probably die from something else before the gastroparesis gets me.

However it is one more daily discomfort in my life and the diet consists mostly of milk and milk products, which contributes to my autoimmune issues with inflammation.  So there is almost no diet I can really eat, I instead have to eat limited amounts of everything, which is why I'm losing weight.

Thankfully I tolerate Miralax well and that usually gets me through the week.  And I am eating white bread and white rice (very limited) for the first time in many, many years to try to balance out the lack of peristalsis and motility with the opposite symptom of diarrhea.  Every day is different.

Good luck poodlepet in not getting this disease.

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

My symptoms have lessened and this is a diet I think I can live with.  I do miss ice cream and most likely will try to find a good substitute for that next time I shop.

Thank you everyone for your interest and suggestions.  I very much appreciate it.

@LilacTree

Very happy you are getting better.  

Amazing how quickly your body wants to heal when

the wrong foods are eliminated & replaced with healing plants.

(ps..I saw the salmon. Might not be the best choice for inflammation, but even with your other dietary choices, you're moving in the right direction)

Congratulations!

Thank you so much Sidsmom!!

@LilacTree

💛💚❤️