Honored Contributor

Milestone! 50% of Adults Vaccinated with at Least One Shot - By the End of this Week!

And about 75% of adults 65 and older have gotten at least one vaccine shot. 50% are fully vaccinated. That is amazing.

Well done, everybody! So proud of all of us.

I can't wait to get my first Pfizer shot on the 19th. It's coming up.

"As the U.S. continues to increase the pace of its vaccination campaign, now averaging more than 3 million shots per day, those in the most vulnerable age group are leading the way. About 75% of Americans 65 and older have received at least one shot, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data, and more than half are fully vaccinated.

On a call with reporters Monday, CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said emergency department visits and hospitalizations associated with that 65 and older demographic are declining.

Those trends are “good news with regard to the power of vaccination,” Walensky said.

The shifting demographics are a sign that vaccinations are having an impact, according to Walensky, who cited a decline in emergency department visits and hospitalizations associated with those 65 and older. The majority of that age group has received at least one vaccine shot.

The seven-day average of daily new coronavirus deaths is nearly 800, according to Johns Hopkins data, well below the nation’s winter peak."

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Re: Milestone! 50% of Adults Vaccinated with at Least One Shot - By the End of this Week!

@Porcelain 

🏆

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Milestone! 50% of Adults Vaccinated with at Least One Shot - By the End of this Week!

With so many variants, and more younger people affected, I am very happy that Pfizer has been actively studying the effects of vaccinating the younger population.  My GS has just turned 13, and we are hoping he can get vaccinated by the early fall.  My GD, age 8, may be able to be protected somewhere around the end of this year or the beginning of ‘22.

I wish nothing more than to see all youngsters protected, along with our GC.  

Esteemed Contributor

People Vaccinated

At Least One Dose

Fully Vaccinated

Total

% of Total Population

36.4%

22.3%

Population ≥ 18 Years of Age

% of Population ≥ 18 Years of Age

46.5%

28.6%

Population ≥ 65 Years of Age

% of Population ≥ 65 Years of Age

78.9%

62%

Looks like the CDC is pleased too!

I am loving it, now we can get together if we are part of the 62% and are careful and wear our masks.

Had to refuse some from the old book club, oh well.

We found a semiretired hairdresser with her own shop, we are on a roll!!

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT 

My 10 year GD was in quarantined last week for exposure.  Not good.  Youngest I ever heard of.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Still Raining, I am so happy your little one is ok.  Yes, scary.

Everyone in the universe knows my story.  My DD got COVID in March of ‘20.  Irony here, a research scientist and ultra careful.  DH’s nephew a doc treating COVID very ill patients.

Three people I know very well got COVID, hospitalized.  All out of hospital, but one still on oxygen 24/7 many weeks later.

Never smoked.  

While COVID not my DD’s field, she works at a major university where everyone has access to constant info. I am trying very hard to be optimistic.  Our whole family is ultra careful.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PamfromCT 

And I am happy your DD is fine.

She is my only girl grandchild, and you know ❤️

Really threw all of us.

Honored Contributor

So glad things are progressing and we are finally moving forward with this, this year.   It would be nice if everybody would have the same degree of responsibility, for the greater good, but the more the better.  Smiley Happy

I had my first shot last week and my second one will be on El Cinco de Mayo.   I'll be glad to be finished.   Sometimes I am feeling like I'm having more fatigue but it usually gets better by early/mid afternoon.  I have no idea if that's about the vaccine or just about the amount of stress I'm under these days.  I have a feeling it's the latter.  

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

@PamfromCT 

My 10 year GD was in quarantined last week for exposure.  Not good.  Youngest I ever heard of.  

Thinking of you and yours with positive thoughts and good vibes.  Heart

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I just got my 2nd Pfizer vaccine this afternoon! Woo hoo!