Respected Contributor

Anyone use Metamucil?  I eat lots of fruits and veggies and drink lots of water but my system is a little sluggish at times...

Respected Contributor

I use psyllium fiber, as directed by my doctor.  I like the Konsyl brand as it is just the fiber, no sugar, no artificial sweeteners or flavors or colors, etc.

I buy it at Walmart as I have found they have the best price.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Super Contributor

@bargainsgirl try Benefiber it is clear and tasteless when you put it in liquid, you can also get it in premeasured packets to use in water bottles- I put it in all liquids but coffee- workd fine

Valued Contributor

All the fiber in the world never helped me. The one reliable "treatment" has been taking magnesium sulfate. Obviously take it in the recommended amount per the manufacturer. It is good for you in other ways as well.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Anyone use Metamucil?  I eat lots of fruits and veggies and drink lots of water but my system is a little sluggish at times...

@bargainsgirl  Andrew Lessman's Fibermucil capsules.

Trusted Contributor

I chew two " Fiber Choice" tablets every day. They taste good and really seem to help. 

Doctor suggested them for me. 

Honored Contributor

I don’t need it personally since I eat my veggies everyday, drink my water, and keep track of my magnesium.  If I’m low on it in what I’ve consumed during the day, I’ll take a small dose at bedtime. If I did need a little help, though, I’d just take some extra MCT oil or maybe plain psyllium husk powder.  Metamucil contains maltodextrin, which is an ingredient I do my best to avoid.  

Are you drinking enough water?

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl

I use it only when needed. It dissolves in water and does not have an aftertaste. You may want to buy a small package and see if it will work.

Honored Contributor

I've been using if for the past couple of months.  I think it helps.  I use the sugar free and I like the taste and the fact that I drink 8 to 10 ounces of water first thing in the morning.  I don't think I drink enough so this helps.   I will try some of the other products that have been suggested.

Trusted Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

I bought it for DH about 10 years ago because I thought it would help lower his cholesterol. He really wasn't interested in taking it but he tried it. Now I buy it in huge bottles at our warehouse club. He won't be without it.